ASPB Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships (SURF)
American Society of Plant BiologistsSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $4,000
Deadline: Mar 15, 2019 8:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Fellowship
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
ASPB is a professional society devoted to the advancement of the plant sciences. It publishes two world-class journals and organizes conferences, and other activities that are key to the advancement of the science.
The American Society of Plant Biologists was founded in 1924 to promote
the growth and development of plant biology, to encourage and publish
research in plant biology, and to promote the interests and growth of
plant scientists in general. Over the decades the Society has evolved
and expanded to provide a forum for molecular and cellular biology as
well as to serve the basic interests of plant science.
The American Society of Plant Biologists (ASPB) Summer Undergraduate
Research Fellowships (SURF) fund promising undergraduate students so
they can conduct meaningful research in plant biology during the early
part of their college careers.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Application is open to all full-time undergraduate students in a degree-granting program.
- Undergraduates needing more or less than the standard four years to earn a degree may still be eligible.
- International students or students following non-traditional academic calendars are welcome.
- Students must secure a mentor before submitting an application.
- The proposed research project must be pursued in the mentor's laboratory.
- Mentors must be a member of ASPB, have an ongoing research program of high scientific merit, and demonstrate a commitment to undergraduate education and research.
- Competitive student applicants should have high academic achievement, strong motivation and skills for conducting research, and career objectives showing interest in or close relevancy to plant biology.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Mentors (not the undergraduate student) must be a member of ASPB.
- Students completing their second year are preferred, but well-prepared first- and third-year students who provide evidence of a strong interest in plant biology may apply also.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ASPB Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships (SURF) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.