ASPCA Anti-Cruelty Grants
American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA)
Grant amount: US $500 - US $10,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The ASPCA Anti-Cruelty Grant Program supports nonprofit organizations and governmental agencies dedicated to the prevention and elimination of animal cruelty throughout the United States.
Funding priorities for the ASPCA Anti-Cruelty Grant Program are limited to the following categories:
- Animal cruelty investigation programs (limited to organizations with law enforcement authority or in formal partnership with same).
- Expenses incurred as a result of large-scale cruelty seizures and/or surrenders of companion and/or farm animals in cases involving puppy mills, animal fighting, hoarding, abuse and/or neglect.
- These expenses include veterinary care, housing, transport, spay/neuter, and placement.
- Requests for such funds are limited to organizations with law enforcement authority having jurisdiction over the case or whose involvement was requested by same.
- Outreach programs aimed at preventing or eliminating animal cruelty.
- Advocacy for anti-cruelty ordinances and legislation.
*Note: Applicants requesting funding for cases involving interstate transport of animals must be able to demonstrate compliance with all applicable laws and regulations upon request including but not limited to Certificates of Veterinary Inspection (health certificates) for each individual animal travelling.
Grants typically range from $500 to $10,000, though exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis depending on severity and need. Grantees may be asked to collect and report data related to the effectiveness of their funded programs.
Farm Animal Grants
Farm animal sanctuaries and other groups specifically focused on animals raised intensively for commercial food production can apply for grants under the above categories if your requests meet the indicated requirements. We are not currently taking requests for other types of funding.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible Applicants:
- Established 501(c)(3) nonprofit or governmental organizations in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service, including public law enforcement agencies.
- Organization must be in good standing with the ASPCA, including no overdue requirements from previous grants.
- Please note: For funding related to equines, please visit the Equine Fund Grants page.
- The ASPCA generally will not support:
- Organizations whose mission is unrelated to animal welfare
- Multi-year grant pledges
- Individuals, private foundations, endowments, churches or religious programs, fraternal, social or labor organizations
- Organizations with unusually high administrative expenses or other indicators of financial mismanagement
- Organizations which demonstrate or have previously demonstrated practices that are irreconcilable with ASPCA grant standards
- Political parties, candidates, or political activities
- Capital campaigns or large construction projects
- Organizations that discriminate because of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or any areas covered by any applicable federal, state, or local laws
- Organizations based outside the United States, or projects that solely benefit animals outside the United States
- Projects for wildlife or marine life
- Individual animals
- Organizations that have lost their IRS tax-exempt status (Visit Guidestar.org to ensure your organization is in good standing with the IRS.)
- The ASPCA does not pay for overhead expenses.
- We do not typically fund vehicle requests, payroll expenses, or basic Animal Control Officer training.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ASPCA Anti-Cruelty Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.