ASPCA Northern Tier Shelter Initiative Grants
American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA)
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $20,000
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Alaska, Idaho, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, Washington, Wisconsin Expand all
Location of residency: Alaska, Idaho, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, Washington, Wisconsin Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Note: The timeframe for this opportunity is January 1 - November 1. Grants will be reviewed and approved on a rolling basis until grant funds are fully expended.
ASPCA Northern Tier Shelter Initiative Grants
The ASPCA is providing grant funding to qualified non-profit brick-and-mortar shelters and/or spay/neuter clinics, tribal authorities and government agencies in Alaska, Idaho, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, Washington, and Wisconsin that care for homeless animals and advance animal welfare in those states.
Grants will be distributed to those groups with demonstrated need, capacity to effectively absorb funding, and commitment and capability to complete the proposed projects.
Proposals will be considered to support capacity-building activities that increase and enhance a group’s effectiveness in carrying out its animal welfare mission. These may include, but are not limited to:
Increase shelter or clinic capacity to provide high quality animal care
- Medical/surgical equipment
- Equipment for humane animal housing
- Building capacity to improve standard operating protocols: prevention of disease, decreased length of stay, and spay/neuter before adoption
- Technology enhancements: shelter software, computer equipment, and internet access
- Foster programs
- Relocation initiatives
- Salary support for new program positions (applicants must explain how the position will be sustained after the grant term ends)
- Board development, business and strategic planning
Community services may include, but are not limited to:
- Lost and found programs
- Return to owner in the field
- Pet retention programs
- Re-homing programs
- Grants will range between $5,000 and $20,000
- A site visit may be required as part of the review process or as a condition of receiving grant funds
- Shelter or clinic consultation services may be required as part of a grant package
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible Applicants:
- Applicants must be established 501(c)(3) non-profit brick-and-mortar animal shelters or spay neuter clinics, tribal authorities or governmental organizations in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service
- Organization must be in good standing with the ASPCA, including no overdue requirements from previous grants
- Organization must be located in one of the following seven states: Alaska, Idaho, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, Washington, and Wisconsin
- Organization must report monthly statistics to Shelter Animals Count
- Priority may be given to organizations with an annual operating budget of under $1 million
- The ASPCA generally will not support:
- Organizations whose mission is unrelated to animal welfare
- Multi-year grant pledges
- Individuals, private foundations, endowments, churches or religious programs, fraternal, social or labor organizations
- Organizations with unusually high administrative expenses or other indicators of financial mismanagement
- Organizations which demonstrate or have previously demonstrated practices that are irreconcilable with ASPCA grant standards
- Political parties, candidates, or political activities
- Capital campaigns or large construction projects
- Organizations that discriminate because of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or any areas covered by any applicable federal, state, or local laws
- Organizations based outside the United States, or projects that solely benefit animals outside the United States
- Projects for wildlife or marine life
- Individual animals
- Organizations that have lost their IRS tax-exempt status (Visit Guidestar.org to ensure your organization is in good standing with the IRS.)
- Overhead expenses
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ASPCA Northern Tier Shelter Initiative Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.