ACF Community Grantmaking
Aspen Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $50,000
Next deadline: Apr 1, 2019 (Pre proposal)
Later deadlines: Jun 1, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Counties in Colorado: Eagle County, Garfield County, Pitkin County
Location of residency: Counties in Colorado: Eagle County, Garfield County, Pitkin CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Since its establishment in 1980, Aspen Community Foundation (ACF) has matured from its roots as the recipient of funds from transferable ski passes from Aspen Skiing Company to a self-sustained organization, responding to needs throughout our valley and remaining dedicated to improving our community’s quality of life. Through collaborations, partnerships and grantmaking, ACF addresses the diverse and changing needs of our region by providing leadership, support and guidance. Based in Aspen with a satellite office in Carbondale, ACF roots itself in communities through the greater Roaring Fork and Colorado River valleys: Aspen, Snowmass Village, Basalt, Carbondale, Glenwood Springs, New Castle, Silt, Rifle, Battlement Mesa and Parachute.
Through collaborations, partnerships and grantmaking, Aspen Community Foundation addresses the diverse and changing needs of the region. Aspen Community Foundation’s Community Grantmaking provides support to nonprofit organizations serving children and families from Aspen to Parachute and expanding their opportunities to live healthy and independent lives.
For 2017, ACF’s Community Grantmaking Program will prioritize general operating and programmatic grants to nonprofits working in early childhood education, family supports, and youth development.
In addition, because the availability of basic human needs, such as food, shelter, safety and healthcare, is critically linked to youth success, “safety net” nonprofits will remain a secondary grantmaking priority.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Aspen Community Foundation support is generally limited to nonprofit organizations located in and
whose work primarily serves the residents of Pitkin and Garfield counties and portions of Eagle
County in the Roaring Fork Valley of Colorado.
- Applicants must be tax exempt under the provision of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Aspen Community Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sexual
preference, physical circumstances or national origin. Applicants must hold similar standards.
- Strong proposals will:
- Use best practices to address critical community needs;
- Represent under-resourced people and/or communities;
- Work with clients toward stability and sustainability;
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach involving key partnerships that can advance the work beyond what an organization can do itself; and
- Articulate clear outcomes and strong evaluation plan.
applications from organizations known to have discriminatory policies will not be considered.
- Although each proposal is reviewed separately, grants are generally not considered for:
- Organizations outside of the Foundation’s service area;
- Projects which have been completed prior to allocation decisions;
- Deficits, retirement of debt or endowments;
- Religious purposes;
- Political campaigns or organizations that publicly take political positions;
- Medical research or hospital equipment;
- Conduit organizations (organizations or events that pass funds to other organizations);
- Individual public schools or departments/programs of universities or colleges– or foundations/organizations that raise money for individual public schools – that have not coordinated the request with their central school district/university administration or fundraising arm;
- Start-up organizations or organizations in leadership transition; or
- Organizations primarily supported by tax-derived funding unless funding supports a new
program that is outside of the organization’s operating budget.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ACF Community Grantmaking by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.