Aspiramos Juntos Grant Program
Lumpkin Family Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $25,000
Next anticipated deadline: Oct 20, 2018 (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Dec 4, 2018 (Full proposal), Mar 30, 2019 (Letter of inquiry), May 14, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Illinois: Cook County, DeKalb County, DuPage County, Grundy County, Kane County, Kendall County, Lake County, McHenry County, Will County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in Illinois: Cook County, DeKalb County, DuPage County, Grundy County, Kane County, Kendall County, Lake County, McHenry County, Will County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Aspiramos Juntos (We Hope Together) is a grantmaking program offered to organizations in the Chicago region by the Lumpkin Family Foundation. The program’s vision and grantmaking guidelines reflect the aspirations of those members of the Lumpkin family who make their homes in the area.
We hope together that…
- Our behavior as individuals and as a community sustain the planet for future generations.
- ALL in our community have access to healthy food that is both affordable and sustainably produced.
- Our children eat well, are physically active, and spend time outdoors.
Focus of Support
We are interested in receiving proposals from organizations that:
- Support opportunities for children in/out of school to engage physically with and to learn about the natural world, to eat well, and to make the most of their innate sense of justice and caring for others and the planet.
- Encourage collaboration among organizations and people working on matters related to environmental sustainability and climate change.
- Support the development of a healthy, local food system.
- Preserve and protect important natural places in the Chicago region.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Proposals will be considered from eligible 501(c)(3) organizations that:
- reflect The Lumpkin Family Foundation's mission,
- serve the community without discrimination on the basis of race, sex, or religion,
- keep books available for regular independent outside audit, and
- make results available to all potential contributors, and
- comply with applicable laws regarding registration and reporting.
- We also will accept proposals from a fiscal agent to support aims that are charitable.
- Proposals will not be considered from:
- Organizations that are not exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
- Organizations whose primary purpose is to influence legislation.
- Political causes, candidate’s organizations or campaigns.
- Religious organizations, unless the particular program will benefit a large portion of the community and does not duplicate the work of other agencies in the community. Organizations that do not meet general and program eligibility guidelines are strongly discouraged from applying for a grant
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Aspiramos Juntos Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.