ASAB: Research Grants
The Association for the Study of Animal Behaviour
Grant amount: Up to £7,500
Next anticipated deadline: Feb 1, 2019
Later anticipated deadlines: Jun 1, 2019, Oct 1, 2019
Applicant type: Research Scientist Faculty Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Conference, Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must have a completed PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
ASAB was founded in 1936 to promote the study of animal behaviour
Membership is open to all who share our interests. There are now around 1000 members, the majority drawn from Britain and Europe. Many members are professional biologists who work in universities, research institutes, and schools.
ASAB is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and aims to ensure fair and equitable representation and participation throughout all of ASAB’s activities and in the wider animal behaviour research community, irrespective of characteristics including but not limited to age, disability, ethnicity, gender, and sexuality.
Research Grants of up to £7500 support:
- promising pilot research projects that are at too early a stage to attract funding from larger funding agencies such as the UK Research Councils, and
- small-scale projects, that, although worthwhile, are unlikely to attract funding from alternative sources.
The Grants & Awards Committee will consider research projects in all areas of animal behaviour, defined as the sphere of interest of papers published in Animal Behaviour. Grants may be made to allow the applicant to travel to conduct collaborative research, or to bring a collaborator to the applicant's institution for the same purpose.
Typically, between one and three of the top-ranking proposals will be funded at each call (March, July, November), depending on the current availability of funds and the intensity of competition.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The fund is open to all applicants who have a PhD, regardless of age and experience, although in the event of competition for funds preference may be given to applicants early in their career and first-time applicants.
- Funds may be awarded for equipment, research expenses, and the salary of a research assistant or PI, provided that payment is made on an approved scale.
- Travel and subsistence expenses may also be funded if it is necessary to travel to another site to undertake the research.
- Grants will not exceed £7500, although applications for smaller amounts are encouraged.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Applicants must be members of ASAB. Please note that membership must be held for a minimum of 1 year prior to applying for funds (if in doubt, details of membership can be obtained from the Membership Secretary).
- The Grants & Awards Committee will consider research projects in all areas of animal behaviour, defined as the sphere of interest of papers published in Animal Behaviour.
- Retrospective applications will not be considered.
- Grants will not be awarded to postgraduate students in order to fund work to be submitted for their degree.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ASAB: Research Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.