Osage Chapter Female Graduate Research Scholarship
Association for Women GeoscientistsSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $1,000
Anticipated deadline: Apr 14, 2020 4:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship, Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Gender restriction: FemaleView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Association for Women Geoscientists is an international organization devoted to enhancing the quality and level of participation of women in geosciences and to introduce girls and young women to geoscience careers. Membership is open to anyone who supports AWG's goals. Our members include:
- professional women and men from industry, government, museums, academia, and K-12 teachers
- others interested in supporting our goals
Our diverse interests and expertise cover the entire spectrum of geoscience disciplines and career paths, providing unexcelled networking and mentoring opportunities. Our membership is brought together by a common love of earth science and the desire to ensure rewarding opportunities for women in the geosciences.
Osage Chapter Graduate Research Scholarship
Thanks to Chevron’s generous donations and AWG’s fundraising, scholarship of $500 to $1000 are available for summer or early fall research.
Scholarship recipients must present a talk about the funded research at an AWG colloquium session (10-15 min) at the end of the spring 2019 semester AND volunteer in at least one AWG event for the 2018-2019 academic year.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who may apply?
- Female graduate student
- Geoscience major (e.g. environmental science, paleoecology, geology, geoarcheology, physical geography, geoscience museum studies, paleontology/evolution, hydrogeology, paeloclimatology, geophysics, etc.).
- Applicant’s proposed research project must be supervised by a faculty advisor.
- Funding can be used for:
- Field expenses, research related travel, non-standard lab materials, or lab analyses only.
- Membership in AWG is not required. If you receive a scholarship it is expected that you will become a member of the national AWG organization.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Osage Chapter Female Graduate Research Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.