Osage Chapter Service Scholarships
Association for Women Geoscientists
Grant amount: US $500
Anticipated deadline: Apr 13, 2019 4:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship, Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Association for Women Geoscientists is an international organization devoted to enhancing the quality and level of participation of women in geosciences and to introduce girls and young women to geoscience careers. Membership is open to anyone who supports AWG's goals. Our members include:
- professional women and men from industry, government, museums, academia, and K-12 teachers
- others interested in supporting our goals
Our diverse interests and expertise cover the entire spectrum of geoscience disciplines and career paths, providing unexcelled networking and mentoring opportunities. Our membership is brought together by a common love of earth science and the desire to ensure rewarding opportunities for women in the geosciences.
Thomson Graduate Service Scholarship
Invites applications from students in the geosciences for merit-based scholarships of $500 to be used for research, tuition, or books. This scholarship is funded in honor of Sean S. Thomson of Lawrence, KS for his invaluable support of the Osage Chapter.
Scholarship recipient will be required to volunteer in TWO AWG service or outreach events in the 2018-2019 school year.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who may apply?
- Male or female students
- Geoscience major (e.g. environmental science, paleoecology, geology, geoarcheology, physical geography, geoscience museum studies, paleontology/evolution, hydrogeology, paeloclimatology, geophysics, etc.).
- Graduate or undergraduate
- Membership in AWG is not required. If you receive a scholarship it is expected that you will become a member of the national AWG organization.
- Membership in AWG is NOT required;
- however, if you receive a scholarship it is expected that you will become a member of the national AWG organization.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Osage Chapter Service Scholarships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.