Annual Conference Scholarships
Association of Avian Veterinarians (AAV)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $2,900
Anticipated deadline: Apr 1, 2019
Applicant type: Working Professional Graduate Student Faculty Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Conference
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Africa, Asia, Europe, Oceania, Caribbean, Central America, South America Expand all
Must travel to: Georgia (US state)View website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Association of Avian Veterinarians (AAV) is pleased to announce the availability of one paid scholarship (registration AND travel up to $2,000) to assist a veterinarian with financial need from a country outside the United States of America and Canada to attend the annual conference of the Association of Avian Veterinarians. In addition, one separate scholarships for registration fees only (no travel) is offered.
This year, the conference, which is comprised of several scientific sessions, master classes, round table discussions and wet labs, will be held September 22-27 at the Hilton Atlanta Hotel, Atlanta, GA, USA. The conference language is English, with no simultaneous translations being available. At the time of registration, the scholarship recipient may register for one wet lab free of charge. In addition to registration to the conference, which is valued at approximately $900 US, the full scholarship includes up to $2,000 US for economy travel, meals and up to six nights of lodging in the conference hotel. The total value of this award is thus approximately $2,900 US.
After the recipient has booked the flight and room in the conference hotel, the AAV Office will transfer the $2,000 to the recipient's account. The recipient shall pay for meals not provided during the conference him/herself. Funds not used from the $2,000 account shall remain the property of the AAV.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be veterinarians who are actively involved in avian medicine, aviculture and/or avian conservation work in their country and have a demonstrated dedication to improving the standard of avian medicine, both now and in future.
- Key selection criteria for the scholarship are:
- Demonstrated interest in avian medicine and surgery, aviculture and/or avian conservation work.
- Demonstrated dedication to improving the standard of avian veterinary work in his/her country in the past and in future.
- Demonstrated ability and skills to educate/share information.
- Submitted proposal for dissemination of information gained at conference, thereby demonstrating the extent of the impact and benefits that attending the conference would have for the applicant, the applicants co-workers, and for avian medicine on a regional and/or national level.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the English language.
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Current membership in AAV.
- Applicants in a training position (e.g. internship/residency/masters/PhD) and/or from a developing nation are given higher priority in receiving the grant.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Annual Conference Scholarships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.