Athens Federal Foundation Grant
Athens Federal Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Jun 27, 2019 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Tennessee: Bradley County, Loudon County, McMinn County, Meigs County, Monroe County
Location of residency: Counties in Tennessee: Bradley County, Loudon County, McMinn County, Meigs County, Monroe CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Athens Federal Community Bank views philanthropy as a vital component of support for communities.
In order to provide meaningful philanthropy that aims to transforms lives, we carefully consider the unique characteristics and needs of our communities. Our contributions take many forms, including Athens Federal Foundation grants, charitable sponsorships, and our employees’ personal volunteerism. Through these endeavors combined, Athens Federal gives to its communities an average of $250,000 each year.
Athens Federal Foundation Grant
The Athens Federal Foundation was established by Athens Bancshares Corporation, the holding company for Athens Federal Community Bank, and its shareholders as part of the Bank’s 2009 stock conversion. The Foundation was created to provide funding and support for charitable causes within the bank’s market (Bradley, McMinn, Meigs, Monroe, Loudon and Polk counties). In conjunction with the initial stock offering, Athens Bancshares Corporation contributed $1,000,000 of Athens Bancshares Corporation stock and $100,000 in cash to the Foundation.
The Foundation’s mission is to “support and fund community development via affordable housing, job training and programs that assist the economically disadvantaged. The Foundation will also consider requests for educational initiatives, health care programs, and supportive human service programs as well as local cultural institutions for the purpose of broadening access to cultural and arts activities.”
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Athens Federal Foundation will award at least $107,000 to 501(c)(3) non-profit and charitable organizations.
- The Foundation’s primary target areas are the communities in which Athens Federal Community Bank operates.
- Non-profit organizations in Bradley, Monroe, McMinn, Meigs, Loudon and Polk counties that are tax-exempt under Section 501c (3) of the Internal Revenue Code are eligible to apply.
- Unfortunately, we anticipate receiving more requests for support than we can approve but we encourage all applicants, whether they receive a grant or not, to keep us informed of their activities. This will be helpful for future reviews and considerations for Athens Federal Foundation grants.
- Political organizations, fraternal organizations nor individuals are eligible to receive grant funds.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Athens Federal Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.