Athens County Foundation Grant
Athens County Foundation
Grant amount: US $3,000 - US $8,000
Next deadline: Mar 15, 2019
Later deadlines: Oct 15, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Athens County, Ohio
Location of residency: Athens County, OhioView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Athens County Foundation manages 40 different grant funds for families and businesses throughout Athens County as well as a large unrestricted fund. Operating for over 35 years, the Foundation has grown to an asset size of $6.5 million and about $3 million in total grant making.
Grant Making Programs
The Athens County Foundation supports local nonprofit organizations that provide services to communities in Athens County. Our grant priorities support a wide range of initiatives.
Build upon Economic Vitality – Build on our regional strengths, create a vibrant community where people want to live and work, and support an educated community
Support Thriving Communities – Become more livable, more self-sustainable, and create spaces for diverse voices to come together
Focus on Individual Health and Wellbeing – sustainable solutions for individuals and families to become secure- such as food security, mental and physical health initiatives, and safety and advocacy efforts
Our average grant amount is in the $3,000 to $8,000 range.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants must be a 501(c)(3), government or church, or working working one of these type organizations as a fiscal agent.
- The project must comply with the Athens County Foundation’s mission, which is to “invest in local strategies to empower Athens County residents and build on the strengths of our region now and for generations to come”.
- The project must address a need or opportunity in the Athens County community.
- Applicants should be requesting seed money for a new, innovative program.
- Your organization’s use of the grant money must demonstrate the organization’s ability to leverage additional funds.
- Grants will not be considered for the following purposes:
- budget deficits
- religious purposes
- political or legislative action groups
- annual fundraising drives
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Athens County Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.