Athens County Foundation Grant
Athens County FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $3,000 - US $8,000
Anticipated deadline: Sep 15, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Athens County, Ohio
Location of residency: Athens County, OhioView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
We provide funding and create connections between community-minded nonprofits and the resources they need. Together, we’re a community catalyst for positive change.
Because of our community, the Athens County Foundation is able to manage 40 different grants for families and businesses throughout Athens County as well as a large unrestricted fund. Operating for over 35 years, the Foundation has grown to an asset size of $6.5 million and about $3 million in total grant making.
For the entire year of 2019, the Athens County Foundation will be investing in projects that:
- Build upon Economic Vitality – Build on our regional strengths, create a vibrant community where people want to live and work, and support an educated community
- Support Thriving Communities – Become more livable, more self-sustainable, and create spaces for diverse voices to come together
- Focus on Individual Health and Wellbeing – sustainable solutions for individuals and families to become secure- such as food security, mental and physical health initiatives, and safety and advocacy efforts
Our average grant amount is in the $3,000 to $8,000 range.
Fall Grant cycle
As of this Fall, we will consider grants applications that impact the following Fields of Interest:
- improve quality of life for seniors, serve people with disabilities.
- provide support for women and/or children, build education success for children.
- and projects that reduce carbon footprint.
Field of Interest Funds
- Women’s Fund
- To promote philanthropy among women and to establish a permanent fund.
- This will provide funding to programs and projects in Athens County which empower women to achieve their full potential.
- Senior’s Fund
- Aims to support organizations and programs in Athens County that work to improve the lives of seniors.
- Beale Fund
- | In memory of a local environmentalist and inventor. This small grant fund provides matching support to projects with impact on the reduction of the use of fossil fuels.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants must be a 501(c)(3), government or church, or working working one of these type organizations as a fiscal agent.
- The project must comply with the Athens County Foundation’s mission, which is to “invest in local strategies to empower Athens County residents and build on the strengths of our region now and for generations to come”.
- The project must address a need or opportunity in the Athens County community.
- Applicants should be requesting seed money for a new, innovative program.
- Your organization’s use of the grant money must demonstrate the organization’s ability to leverage additional funds.
- Grants will not be considered for the following purposes:
- budget deficits
- religious purposes
- political or legislative action groups
- annual fundraising drives
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Athens County Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.