Nov 1, 2020
Feb 1, 2021, May 5, 2021 11:59pm PDT, Aug 1, 2021
US $5,000 - US $15,000
Fields of work:
Basic Human Needs
Disability Care & Services
Religion & Spirituality
Workforce Preparation & Job Readiness
Poverty Alleviation & Services
Child Welfare Services
Community Health Education
Education - Higher Education
Patient Care & Services
Vocational & Trade Education
Education - K through 12
Academic Success & Enrichment
Special Needs Education
Education - Preschool / Early Learning
Child Care Services
Religious / Theological Education
Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project:
San Mateo County, California
Location of residency:
About this funder:
PLEASE NOTE: The application portal will be closed to revisions until April 20th. It will reopen with an option to apply for COVID-19 emergency funding until May 5th. If you wish to review the questions in advance for COVID-19 funding, please see that particular Proposal Overview. Additional infos for Covid19 applications can be found here
The Atkinson Foundation hopes to provide opportunities for individuals to attain their highest potential in areas of educational, social, and economic life; to assist their efforts to become independent and self-sufficient; and generally to improve the quality of their lives.
The foundation employs the following “pause year” policy: any organization that receives three years of consecutive funding must take a one-year rest before receiving additional support.
Geographic Location & Focus Area
San Mateo County, California: For organizations that provide direct services to residents of San Mateo County, primary consideration will be given to programs that benefit:
- Children, youth, families; immigrants, the elderly and the ill; those who are economically at-risk; people with mental and/or physical disabilities; and those suffering from drug, alcohol or physical abuse.
- Services include: enrichment programs, counseling, rehabilitation, job training, respite and child care, family planning, health education, and programs that meet basic human needs.
- Schools, community colleges, adult and vocational schools, and related organizations serving the needs of students in San Mateo County.
- Services include: counseling, remedial and/or enrichment activities, scholarship programs, day care, health and vocational education.
- Church-related organizations serving the spiritual, material, and social welfare needs of individuals and families in San Mateo County.
- Selected support for ecumenical efforts and theological education.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All grants to nonprofit, education or church organizations should provide direct services to the residents of San Mateo County, California.
- The foundation does not support research, individuals, events, annual appeals, advocacy efforts, sports group sponsorship, or statewide/national umbrella organizations.
- A declined proposal will not be reconsidered, but this should not preclude the applicant from submitting other worthwhile requests.
- Normally an applicant will not receive more than one grant within a calendar year.