Atkinson Foundation: Grants for San Mateo County, CA
Suggest an update
US $5,000 - US $15,000
May 1, 2019
Aug 1, 2019, Nov 1, 2019, Feb 1, 2020
Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project:
San Mateo County, California
Location of residency:
Need help writing this grant?
The Atkinson Foundation hopes to provide opportunities for individuals to attain their highest potential in areas of educational, social, and economic life; to assist their efforts to become independent and self-sufficient; and generally to improve the quality of their lives.
The foundation employs the following “pause year” policy: any organization that receives three years of consecutive funding must take a one-year rest before receiving additional support.
Geographic Location & Focus Area
San Mateo County, California: For organizations that provide direct services to residents of San Mateo County, primary consideration will be given to programs that benefit:
- Children, youth, families; immigrants, the elderly and the ill; those who are economically at-risk; people with mental and/or physical disabilities; and those suffering from drug, alcohol or physical abuse.
- Services include: enrichment programs, counseling, rehabilitation, job training, respite and child care, family planning, health education, and programs that meet basic human needs.
- Schools, community colleges, adult and vocational schools, and related organizations serving the needs of students in San Mateo County.
- Services include: counseling, remedial and/or enrichment activities, scholarship programs, day care, health and vocational education.
- Church-related organizations serving the spiritual, material, and social welfare needs of individuals and families in San Mateo County.
- Selected support for ecumenical efforts and theological education.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All grants to nonprofit, education or church organizations should provide direct services to the residents of San Mateo County, California.
- The foundation does not support research, individuals, events, annual appeals, advocacy efforts, sports group sponsorship, or statewide/national umbrella organizations.
- A declined proposal will not be reconsidered, but this should not preclude the applicant from submitting other worthwhile requests.
- Normally an applicant will not receive more than one grant within a calendar year.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Atkinson Foundation: Grants for San Mateo County, CA by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.