AZCF Small Grants Programme
Auckland Zoo Conservation Fund
Grant amount: Up to NZ $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 25, 2019 3:59am PDT
Applicant type: Organizations Individuals
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Research
Location of project: Afghanistan; Albania; Algeria; Angola; Argentina; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Belarus; Belize; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Botswana; Brazil; Bulgaria; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cambodia; Cameroon; Cape Verde; Central African Republic; Chad; China; Colombia; Comoros; Congo; Congo, The Democratic Republic Of The; Costa Rica; Cuba; Côte D'Ivoire; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Fiji; Gabon; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Grenada; Guatemala; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Iran, Islamic Republic Of; Iraq; Jamaica; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of; Kyrgyzstan; Lao People's Democratic Republic; Lebanon; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Macedonia, the Former Yugoslav Republic Of; Madagascar; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Mali; Marshall Islands; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mayotte; Mexico; Micronesia, Federated States Of; Moldova, Republic of; Mongolia; Montenegro; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nepal; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Pakistan; Palau; Palestine, State of; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Romania; Russian Federation; Rwanda; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent And The Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Senegal; Serbia; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa; South Sudan; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Suriname; Swaziland; Syrian Arab Republic; Tajikistan; Tanzania, United Republic of; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tonga; Tunisia; Turkey; Turkmenistan; Tuvalu; Uganda; Ukraine; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of; Vietnam; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe; American Samoa Expand all
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible projects must:
- Have a clear conservation value
- Be based in New Zealand or in a developing country (although applicants can be based anywhere in the world)
- Projects that benefit invertebrate conservation in New Zealand or any developing country are eligible provided they meet the criteria outlined in our FAQs.
- The application must represent a minimum of 25% of the project's overall budget. This means that the maximum budget a project applying for a Category 3 grant can be is $20,000.
- Project applications will score more highly during the selection process if they:
- Are likely to have a direct conservation impact
- Are collaborative and involve a local conservation organisation
- Are logistically feasible, and fiscally and scientifically sound
- General items not considered eligible:
- Projects based in non-developing countries (except New Zealand)
- Pure research (i.e. research projects must demonstrate applied benefit to conservation and/or target an identified conservation need)
- A conference, seminar, workshop or meeting
- Specific examples of items not eligible within an application:
- Thesis production costs
- Retrospective costs
- Prize money
- Entertainment costs
- Social or networking functions
- Fundraising or general income-growth purposes
- Debt servicing or financial costs
- Office equipment (unless an essential element in completing field work)
- Internships and volunteer programmes (unless benefiting an identified conservation need.)
- We have noticed a particularly high number of applications with a very similar format of providing community workshops, meetings and /or events as a mechanism to promote conservation. While we remain open to this approach, generally these applications will not be considered unless:
- They are providing a targeted approach to a specific issue.
- Results are able to be measured.
- And have the support of a known NGO.
- Many applications are rejected due to inaccurate or too brief budgets.
- We recommend you put time into properly preparing your budgets including detailed breakdown of costs and if appropriate copies of quotes.
- It also helps if you have checked your figures – we believe the quality and accuracy of an application will be reflected in the delivery of a project.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AZCF Small Grants Programme by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.