John Dillon Memorial Fellowship
Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Aug 31, 2018
Applicant type: Unaffiliated Researcher Faculty Working Professional Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Australia
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Location of citizenship: Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Bhutan; Cambodia; China; Egypt; Ethiopia; Fiji; India; Indonesia; Iraq; Kenya; Kiribati; Lao People's Democratic Republic; Malawi; Mozambique; Myanmar; Nepal; Pakistan; Papua New Guinea; Philippines; Samoa; Solomon Islands; South Africa; Tanzania, United Republic of; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Vanuatu; Vietnam; Zimbabwe Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The fellowship serves the memory of John Dillon by providing career development opportunities in Australia to outstanding mid-career agricultural scientists and economists from ACIAR partner countries. The fellowship aims to develop leadership skills in the areas of agricultural research management, agricultural policy and/or extension technologies. This will be achieved by providing exposure to Australian agriculture across a range of best practice organisations involved in research, extension and/or policy making.
The fellowship is tailored to meet the needs of the recipiant and their employing organisation. Over a 5-6 week period in Australia John Dillon Felows will:
- Participate in formal research management training hosted by a range of Australian organisations including Universities, Cooperative Research Centres, Government departments and agencies.
- Undertake a structured program of visits to various institutions involving the presentation of relevant lectures and other and profesional development opportunities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible to receive a fellowship, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of an ACIAR partner country
- Be associated with ACIAR bilateral projects that are active or completed in the last 24 months
- Be associated with either a NARS or a CGIAR centre
- Clearly show how their leadership skills will be developed
- Please note that the visit program is not intended for project operations.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the John Dillon Memorial Fellowship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.