Student Research Awards
Australian Coral Reef Society
Grant amount: A $2,500 - A $4,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 15, 2019 10:00pm PST
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Australia and New Zealand
Location of residency: Australia, New ZealandView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Founded in 1922, the Australian Coral Reef Society (ACRS) is the world's oldest organization concerned with the study and conservation of Australia’s coral reefs.
In 2016, ACRS will support the research of up to five students by the provision of Student Awards. The most outstanding proposals (which meet the eligibility criteria) will be awarded the Terry Walker Prize of $4000 or the Danielle Simmons Prize of $4000. Up to three ACRS research awards of $2500 will also be awarded.
- Given Terry Walker's commitment to field studies on Australian coral reefs and cays, this award is to be spent primarily on field studies on Australian coral reefs.
- Given Danielle Simmons commitment to field work at Heron Island, successful applicants for this award will need to spend some time at Heron Island working in the field.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants:
- Enrolled at an Australian or New Zealand university
- Working towards a PhD or MSc on a topic involving research on Australian coral reefs
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Applicants must be a financial member of the society for 2017 before applying for these awards. Memberships for 2017 may be paid after the 1st November 2016. A copy of your membership payment receipt provided electronically by PayPal needs to be included in the application.
- Awards may not be used to fund conference attendance or travel not related to field studies.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Student Research Awards by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.