Australian Flora Foundation Research Grants
Australian Flora Foundation
Grant amount: A $5,000 - A $20,000
Next anticipated deadline: Mar 15, 2019 (Pre proposal)
Later anticipated deadlines: Jun 14, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Australia
Location of residency: AustraliaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Australian Flora Foundation was established in 1981 with the aim of fostering scientific research on the biology and cultivation of Australian plants. It was thought that by encouraging research, a greater awareness of the value of the Australian flora would be developed resulting in explicit measures for their conservation and utilisation.
Typically, projects are funded up to $10,000 per annum for two years or up to $15,000 for one year.
The Australian Flora Foundation will consider all relevant applications, with special interest in the following categories:
- conservation of Australian plant diversity, particularly where there are threats from climate change
- the cultivation of Australian plants, to ensure their survival and reduce the threat to native ecosystems
- enabling the management of rare and endangered plants.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applications for grants to support original scientific projects on the biology and cultivation of Australian plants are invited from research workers in Australia.
- Projects must be scientifically sound and aim to provide outcomes within the period of the grant.
- Applicants must be suitably qualified or identify a qualified project supervisor.
- Just one principal investigator.
- All applications on rare and endangered plants should indicate how the research relates to the known management plan for the species.
- The Foundation does not fund projects that are for conference travel, publications, research on orchids, or taxonomy.
- It gives a low priority to flora surveys per se and studies on marine plants.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Australian Flora Foundation Research Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.