Avery-Fuller-Welch Children’s Foundation Grant
Avery-Fuller-Welch Children's Foundation
Grant amount: US $3,000 - US $8,000
Next deadline: Nov 15, 2018 3:00pm PST
Later deadlines: Feb 15, 2019 3:00pm PST, May 15, 2019 3:00pm PDT, Aug 15, 2019 3:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit For-Profit Business Working Professional
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County, San Francisco County, San Mateo County
Location of residency: Counties in California: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County, San Francisco County, San Mateo CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Avery-Fuller-Welch Children’s Foundation provides grants that allow low-income families with children in need of supportive, remedial therapy to have access to those professional services.
Grants are made for:
- Speech Therapy
- Remedial Education
- Physical and/or Occupational Therapy
Grants are paid to the service provider/practitioner administering restorative therapy for children (24 years of age or younger) diagnosed with a remedial disability, from low-income families.
Grant selection is based upon:
- Evidence of a strong motivation in the child, the therapist, and the family. In partnership with the Foundation, the therapist is required to provide a discount on services for the child. Families are encouraged to contribute to the cost if possible.
- Favorable prognosis for achieving independent functioning or significant progress towards the goals set forth within the date parameters of the grant period.
- Inability to pay or obtain full support elsewhere.
For reference, please note that the typical grant size issued by the foundation ranges from $3,000-$8,000 with an average of $5,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applications must be submitted by the provider of care only.
- Proposals for long-term treatment of chronic, acute conditions are not typically funded. However, if a specific goal can be met within one year to improve the candidate’s functioning or quality of life, a grant will be considered.
- Grant proposals submitted by parents or caregivers will not be accepted.
- Grant proposals for dental, orthodontia, eye glasses or routine eye-care will not be accepted.
- Grant proposals for annual appeals, capital requests, conferences, events will not be accepted.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Avery-Fuller-Welch Children’s Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.