Avista Foundation Grants
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Oct 30, 2018
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Juneau City and Borough, Alaska, Counties in Idaho: Benewah County, Bonner County, Clearwater County, Idaho County, Kootenai County, Latah County, Lewis County, Nez Perce County, Shoshone County, Counties in Montana: Mineral County, Sanders County, Counties in Washington: Adams County, Asotin County, Ferry County, Franklin County, Grant County, Lincoln County, Pend Oreille County, Spokane County, Stevens County, Whitman County Expand all
Location of residency: Juneau City and Borough, Alaska, Counties in Idaho: Benewah County, Bonner County, Clearwater County, Idaho County, Kootenai County, Latah County, Lewis County, Nez Perce County, Shoshone County, Counties in Montana: Mineral County, Sanders County, Counties in Washington: Adams County, Asotin County, Ferry County, Franklin County, Grant County, Lincoln County, Pend Oreille County, Spokane County, Stevens County, Whitman County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Avista Foundation, a community investment program of Avista Corp., provides funding to non-profit organizations addressing the needs of communities and citizens served by Avista Utilities in eastern Washington, northern Idaho, portions of southern Oregon, and Sanders County, Montana. The Avista Foundation also serves communities and citizens served by Alaska Electric Light and Power Co. in the City and Borough of Juneau.
The Avista Foundation also includes a matching gifts program for employees of Avista Corp. and Alaska Electric Light and Power Co.
Supporting K-12 education particularly in the fields of science, math and technology; and higher education including scholarships. Key examples include the following:
- Provide college scholarships for engineering, IS and the crafts to address utility’s future workforce gap
- Increase pipeline of kids seeking engineering and technical careers by increasing interest in math, science and technology
- Provide opportunities for underserved kids to seek a college education
Vulnerable & limited income populations
Providing assistance to those on limited incomes and support for initiatives to reduce poverty. Key examples include the following:
- Ease the burden of energy prices to customers most in need
- Provide enhanced level of support to senior and more vulnerable customers
- Provide energy conservation education to senior, vulnerable and limited income customers
- Support community-wide safety net services for basic needs costs
Economic and cultural vitality
Supporting projects that help our communities and citizens to grow and prosper. Key examples include the following:
- Support capital projects that provide vital civic and social infrastructure and economic growth
- Support signature community events and programs that provide significant community identity and quality of life
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be considered, your organization must be either a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, a civic organization, school or group.
- You must be serving the needs of people within our service area.
- Your organization must be located inside the Avista Utilities or Alaska Electric Light & Power Co. service Area.
- Requests to fund religious activities, political activities, individuals for any purpose or private foundations are likely to be declined.
- Un-Eligible Applicants:
- Organizations that discriminate for any reason, such as race, color, religion, creed, age, sex or national origin
- Trips or tours
- Fraternal organization
- Memorial campaigns
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Avista Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.