AW Howard Memorial Trust: Tim Healey Memorial Scholarship
AW Howard Memorial Trust
Grant amount: A $10,000 - A $30,000
Deadline: Oct 31, 2018
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Australia
Location of residency: AustraliaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Future Farm Industries Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) Board established the scholarship in 2013. A sub-committee of the AW Howard Memorial Trust will administer the program from 2014.
The scholarship represents the CRC and AW Howard Trust’s commitment to ongoing development of Australia’s farming systems. It is also a fitting legacy in memory of Dr Tim Healey’s contribution to this effort.
Specific research areas or interests that are encouraged include, but are not limited to:
- farming systems, pastures, field crops, livestock management, soils or agronomy, climate change (adaptation and mitigation), sustainability, farm business management, agricultural system- based woody crops, on-farm biodiversity, on-farm related salinity, rural social research in relation to farming (including resilience), economic research in relation to farming.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible research activities need to demonstrate a positive contribution to the improvement, modification,
adaptation or increased understanding of Australia’s farming industries.
- The post-graduate student must be studying in a field that benefits the future of Australian farming such as:
- livestock management
- farming systems
- farm business management
- woody crops
- on-farm biodiversity or
- socio-economic aspects of farming
- Scholarship recipients must:
- be a current holder of, or be approved for, an existing base scholarship such as an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) or an industry-based fund of similar merit
- have been granted enrollment acceptance in an appropriate full-time Higher Research Degree (HRD) program at a recognised Australian university
- HRD by thesis or publication, as defined and administered by the host university, is equally acceptable.
- Preference will be given to recipients with Australian citizenship or permanent residency, although
international students with research interests consistent with the research programs mentioned in Schedule B of General Conditions of Award are encouraged to apply.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AW Howard Memorial Trust: Tim Healey Memorial Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.