AWS Foundation Grants
AWS FoundationSuggest an update
Next deadline: Jun 4, 2021 2:00pm PDT (Full proposal)
Later deadlines: Jul 30, 2021 2:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry), Aug 27, 2021 2:00pm PDT (Full proposal), Nov 5, 2021 2:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry), Dec 3, 2021 2:00pm PST (Full proposal), Jan 29, 2022 2:00pm PST (Letter of inquiry), Feb 26, 2022 2:00pm PST (Full proposal), Apr 30, 2022 2:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $400,000
Fields of work: Physical Disabilities Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities Cerebral Palsy Autism Down Syndrome
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in Indiana: Adams County, Allen County, DeKalb County, Grant County, Huntington County, Kosciusko County, Noble County, Steuben County, Wabash County, Wells County, Whitley County Show all
Location of residency: Preferred: Counties in Indiana: Adams County, Allen County, DeKalb County, Grant County, Huntington County, Kosciusko County, Noble County, Steuben County, Wabash County, Wells County, Whitley County Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: An LOI is required for requests that fall into one of these categories:
- The organization is making its first formal grant request;
- The request is for capital support regardless of amount;
- The request is for $50,000 or more;
- The funding is a multi-year request.
AWS Foundation awards grants to help children and adults with enduring intellectual, developmental and physical disabilities live as independently as possible, be included in the community and function at their highest potential.
Our focus is specific to individuals with intellectual, developmental and physical disabilities such as Down syndrome, autism spectrum disorder, traumatic brain injury, cerebral palsy, spina bifida, fragile X syndrome and alcohol fetal syndrome, etc. Aging or illness related disabilities fall outside our scope of disabilities.
We have five priority initiatives:
Seeking inclusive and accessible social, recreational and creative programs that engage and inspire individuals with disabilities.
Education & Employment
Supporting access to educational resources and activities to be successful learners, both academically and in developing life skills, that offer individuals with disabilities equal opportunity for meaningful employment.
Pursuing opportunities for accessible, affordable community transportation increasing access to locations throughout the community for individuals with disabilities.
Early Diagnosis & System Navigation
Exploring programs that recognize and diagnose disabilities early to achieve each individual’s highest potential, providing easy access and information to assist families and care givers, and gaining better understanding of effective therapies for individuals with disabilities.
Broadening opportunities for safe, secure and affordable housing that provides a variety of beneficial living environments for individuals with disabilities.
The Foundation’s funding priorities are:
- Capital; and
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations qualified for funding consideration must be 501(c)(3) organizations serving these northeast Indiana counties: Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Grant, Huntington, Kosciusko, Noble, Steuben, Wabash, Wells and Whitley.
- Limit of one application per year.
- To be competitive for funding, your request should:
- Align with the AWS Foundation’s mission and initiatives.
- Consider innovative or new approaches that address the needs of people with intellectual, developmental and physical disabilities.
- Involve a significant number of individuals with intellectual, developmental and physical disabilities.
- Aging or illness related disabilities fall outside our scope of disabilities.
- Requests to fund individuals, fundraising activities of other organizations or religious activities are not competitive for funding.