Amphibian TAG Small Grant
Amphibian Taxon Advisory GroupSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $2,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 27, 2020
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Americas, Caribbean
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The mission of the AZA ATAG is to support the conservation of amphibians, both in situ and ex situ, through scientific management of assurance colonies, education and research. The ATAG small grants were initiated to support projects that uphold the conservation priorities of the AZA ATAG Regional Collection Plan (RCP).Prior to submission of your proposal, review of this the RC Plan is strongly recommended. View the plan here.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Projects which fit within the priorities of the RCP.
- The ATAG has been tasked with concentrating on the Americas (North, South, and Central) and the Caribbean region and, as such, our funding usually is reserved for those regions.
- Projects involving the conservation of species in Tables 2 & 3 from the Regional Collection Plans (for download above) have historically been given weight during the application selection process.
- Partnership with a US Zoo or Aquarium is certainly not necessary for funding, but has been preferable in some cases in the past.
- Projects which meet ATAG RCP Conservation or Educational goals (see RC Plan above).
- If the project involves a zoo and/or aquarium then we prefer that you have approved and demonstrated permits with zoo and aquarium partnerships.
- Field conservation of species and their habitats or mitigation of threats.
- Innovative education initiatives to benefit species at risk and their habitats.
- Zoo research that has direct application to the health or recovery of species at risk.
Funding may not be used for the following:
- Salaries, except for graduate student stipends or technicians.
- Administrative costs, including institutional overhead. Travel unrelated to completion of the project. Grants may not be used for political lobbying, litigation or travel funds for attending or presenting at conferences.
- General institutional support, projects considered to be normal institutional operating expenses, or shortfalls in budgets.
- Grants will not be provided to fund projects that are already completed.
- General field surveys or individual monitoring projects do not normally meet funding criteria.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Amphibian TAG Small Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.