Golisano Foundation Grant
B. Thomas Golisano Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $710,000
Next anticipated deadline: Dec 21, 2018
Later anticipated deadlines: Mar 15, 2019, Jun 7, 2019, Sep 13, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Preferred: Monroe County, New York Other eligible locations: Counties in New York: Genesee County, Livingston County, Monroe County, Ontario County, Orleans County, Wayne County Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
B. Thomas Golisano Foundation Grant
We are committed to opening doors, changing perceptions, and forging unprecedented partnerships to provide individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with pathways to self-sufficiency, personal dignity, and the best possible expression of their abilities and talents throughout their lifetimes.
Primary Funding Interests
The B. Thomas Golisano Foundation is interested in funding programs that will help individuals with developmental disabilities achieve their maximum potentials by integrating independence, self-determination, and productivity into all facets of their lives.
- Programs and services for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities such as cerebral palsy, epilepsy, and autism. Organizations providing services for those with similar conditions (e.g. those who are blind and deaf, have traumatic brain injury, or have other cognitive and mobility impairments) will also be considered.
- Programs that will have a long lasting, positive impact on the lives of the developmentally disabled.
- Programs that create and promote opportunities for those with developmental disabilities; that enable them to become active members of their community and that allow them to have choices about the nature and level of their participation in their community.
Other Funding Interests
With limited and targeted funds, the Golisano Foundation may consider grant proposals for disability programs other than those for the developmentally disabled. Applicants are welcomed to contact the Foundation office for further clarification.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Geographical Distribution of Grants:
- The Foundation’s primary focus for its grants is the Rochester/Monroe County area. Grants are considered for programs addressing the Foundation’s funding interest in the contiguous counties.
- The requesting organization must be a 501(c)(3) organization whose programs meet the Golisano Foundation’s philanthropic priorities.
- The Golisano Foundation does not contribute to endowments, fund raising events, individuals requesting grants, fellowships, medical research or municipal programs.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Golisano Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.