BA/Leverhulme Small Research Grants
The British Academy
Grant amount: Up to £10,000
Anticipated deadline: Jun 6, 2019 9:00am PDT
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
By far the British Academy’s most popular scheme in terms of applications received and number of awards made, the BA/Leverhulme Small Research Grants stand as one of the Academy’s highest profile programmes with awards in 2015/16 made to academics working at over 100 Institutions around the UK.
These awards, up to £10,000 in value and tenable for up to 24 months, are provided to cover the cost of the expenses arising from a defined research project.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Awards are open to postdoctoral scholars (or equivalent) who are ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom.
- Applications require the approval of the applicant's employing institution, but are not limited to those of any particular status (e.g. Lecturer, Professor etc).
- Application may be made by independent scholars (who should choose 'independent scholar' as the relevant choice from the list of organisations in e-GAP).
- Co-applicants may be from anywhere in the world, but the Principal Applicant must be ordinarily resident in the UK.
- Award must be used for direct research expenses.
- Applications for collaborative or individual projects are equally welcome under this scheme.
- Applications from international groups of scholars are welcome, provided there is a UK-based scholar as lead applicant.
The funding provided through the Small Research Grants scheme cannot be used to cover the cost of replacement teaching, payment in lieu of salary or computer kit and that the scheme is not covered within the FEC regime.
Applications will not be considered for less than £500.
Grants are not intended to support interchange between UK and overseas scholars where there is no planned programme of activity to meet a clearly specified research objective
Dissemination of results of research conducted under the aegis of the project for which funding is sought is a permitted purpose, but applications purely to organise an international conference, whether held in the UK or overseas will not be considered.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the BA/Leverhulme Small Research Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.