BACF: The Dow Chemical Company Foundation - Community Donor Advised Fund
Bay Area Community Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: May 1, 2019 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit Indigenous Group Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Michigan: Arenac County, Bay County
Location of residency: Counties in Michigan: Arenac County, Bay County, Midland County, Saginaw CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Bay Area Community Foundation At Work
As you look around the Bay area, you will see the Bay Area Community Foundation at work. We are proud to point to the newly completed 17.5mile Riverwalk/Railtrail as a wonderful example of the work we do. Since 1982, the Foundation’s assets have grown to over $30 million. This has allowed us to invest over $12 million into our community through grantmaking which includes over $1.4 million in scholarships.
The mission of the Bay Area Community Foundation is to fulfill a wide array of donors’ charitable wishes throughout Bay and Arenac Counties by building permanent endowment funds and serving as a leader for community improvement through effective grantmaking and collaboration.
The Dow Chemical Company Foundation Donor Advised Fund
Requests to The Dow Chemical Company Foundation Donor Advised Fund are for $10,000 or less . The grants are provided by Dow Chemical and administered by local Community Foundations.
The first step is to contact your local community foundation. A preliminary screening over the phone will be used to ensure the organization and the funding request fits the eligibility requirements. Once eligibility is established, an editable Comunity Donor Advised Grant Application will be emailed to the applicant.
Grant applications will be reviewed twice per year. Once the applicant receives a grant application, completed applications should be submitted via email by the deadline date to the Foundation.
The project must align to one or more of the following Dow Global Citizenship priorities:
- Building the Workforce of Tomorrow – Promotes the interest and preparation for student career opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).
- Solving World Challenges – Addresses a world challenge that this community is facing or raises awareness across a broad public audience (i.e. Food, Environment, Housing, Mental Health, etc.).
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be a charitable or non-profit organization with a 501(c)(3) designation or eligible government or school with required tax documentation.
- Note: faith based organizations may qualify, provided their proposed project is for the benefit of the community as a whole rather than just the members of the congregation.
- The organization must reside in the Great Lakes Bay Region and grants must benefit the region.
- The organization must be able to demonstrate it is financially stable.
- The organization has a defined plan to sustain the long-term viability of the project.
- Measures of success are defined in the application to demonstrate project impact in the region.
- The organization agrees to submitting impact data one year after project completion.
- The project will impact a large number of citizens in the region and will address a regional need.
- The amount of funding requested must accurately reflect the amount needed to fund the project.
- If additional funding is required to complete the project, the organization will already have the funding sources identified prior to submitting a Dow grant request.
- Examples of charitable organizations and/or activities that would not qualify for funding include:
- Projects submitted by for-profit businesses, religious organizations for the sole benefit of the organization, individual sports teams (see Community Youth Grants), political organizations for candidates, labor unions, homeowners’ associations or individuals.
- Operating expenses, personal computers, travel expenses, conferences, advertising, fundraising events, giveaways or prizes, individual scholarships, dues and memberships, or lobbying expenses.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the BACF: The Dow Chemical Company Foundation - Community Donor Advised Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.