Bainbridge Community Foundation: Community Grants Cycle
Bainbridge Community FoundationSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Apr 7, 2021 5:00pm PDT
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $10,000
Fields of work: Animal Welfare - General Recreation Education Real Estate & Housing Emerging Technology Development Public Policy Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Human & Social Services Civic Affairs Humanities & Social Science Health & Medicine Science Art & Culture Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Kitsap County, Washington
Location of residency: WashingtonView website Save
2020 Community Grants Cycle & Covid-19
The COVID-19 infections and subsequent public health measures are changing the way we all operate.
When we opened the 2020 Community Grants Cycle to applications, we couldn’t have anticipated the dramatic changes that have unfolded in our community. While we know that there will be a return to normalcy sometime in the future, we also know the “when” is uncertain.
Due to these extenuating circumstances, BCF has made COVID-19 preparedness and responsiveness a top priority of our 2020 Grant Cycle. We are requesting that each of our grant applicants examine the clear needs of its organization (be it an operational or service delivery need) and hone your application request for grant funding accordingly. We ask you to really focus on what is most important for your organization and for the benefits it provides to our community.
The Annual Community Grants Cycle is the heart of the Bainbridge Community Foundation (BCF) grants program. Since its inception in 2005, more than $2.11 million in grant dollars have been awarded through this program. This competitive grant program invites applications from nonprofits in all sectors. Through hundreds of hours of time by BCF staff and more than 40 well-trained community volunteers, applications are reviewed, site visits are conducted, and priorities are set. BCF discretionary funds provide the initial funding for proposals, and later BCF Fund Advisors and the community at large are invited to partner with BCF to support these important programs. This community-based approach to grantmaking ensures not only that needs are being met in the community, but it creates informed and engaged community members educated about and ready to address community needs
As a community foundation, we are generalists and help sustain all sectors of the nonprofit community. Grants are made for the following causes:
- Animal Welfare
- Arts, Culture, Humanities, (including Recreation)
- Disaster Relief
- Health and Human Services (including Housing)
- Public Benefit / Society Benefit
- Science / Technology
- Social Science / Public Policy
BCF Program Funding Types:
- Program (Specific program or project)
- Capital (Equipment/facility repairs, etc.); Estimates must be provided at time of application
- Direct (Access to programming/support or access for underserved populations)
- Operating (General operating support)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applications will be accepted from organizations that meet the following four requirements:
- A current 501(c) (3) nonprofit status from the Internal Revenue Service,
- Serve Bainbridge Island and be located in Washington State,
- Grant period is July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020, and
- Requests $1,000 to $10,000 will be considered.
- Grants should directly benefit the community - Provide statistical data, client waiting lists, documented lack of services, etc.
- Grants should have measurable outcomes
- Priority may be given to proposals that benefit the greatest number of people or the most under‐served populations.
- Organizational effectiveness, innovation, and board / organization capacity may also be taken into consideration.
- No grants will be awarded:
- to any religious organization where the funds would be used in whole or in part to further the organization’s religious purposes;
- to individuals;
- for any political purposes;
- for vehicles; or
- for any endowment funds.
- Funds will not be awarded for programs &/or equipment, etc. that were started, completed or acquired PRIOR to grant period.
- BCF does not fund research, scholarship/fellowship, in-kind or product donation, loans, or vehicles.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”