Bainbridge Community Foundation: Community Grants Cycle
Bainbridge Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 14, 2019 9:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Kitsap County, Washington
Location of residency: WashingtonView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Annual Community Grants Cycle is the heart of the Bainbridge Community Foundation (BCF) grants program. Since its inception in 2005, more than $1.8 million in grant dollars have been awarded through this program. This competitive grant program invites applications from nonprofits in all sectors. Through hundreds of hours of time provided by nearly 50 well-trained community volunteers, applications are reviewed, site visits are conducted, and priorities are set. BCF discretionary funds provide the initial funding for proposals, and later BCF Fund Advisors and the community at large are invited to partner with BCF to support these important programs. This community-based approach to grantmaking ensures not only that needs are being met in the community, but it creates informed and engaged community members educated about and ready to address community needs.
As a community foundation, we are generalists and help sustain all sectors of the nonprofit community. Grants are made for the following causes:
- Animal Welfare
- Arts, Culture, Humanities, (including Recreation)
- Disaster Relief
- Health and Human Services (including Housing)
- Public Benefit / Society Benefit
- Science / Technology
- Social Science / Public Policy
BCF Program Funding Types:
- Program (Specific program or project)
- Capital (Equipment/facility repairs, etc.); Estimates must be provided at time of application
- Direct (Access to programming/support or access for underserved populations)
- Operating (General operating support)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applications will be accepted from organizations that meet the following four requirements:
- Current 501(c)(3) nonprofit status from the IRS
- Serve Bainbridge Island residents and located in Washington State
- Submit proposals for projects running July 1, 2018–June 30, 2019
- Requests are for funding between $1,000–$10,000
- Grants should directly benefit the community - Provide statistical data, client waiting lists, documented lack of services, etc.
- Grants should have measurable outcomes
- Priority may be given to proposals that benefit the greatest number of people or the most under‐served populations.
- Organizational effectiveness, innovation, and board / organization capacity may also be taken into consideration.
- No grants will be awarded:
- to any religious organization where the funds would be used in whole or in part to further the organization’s religious purposes;
- to individuals;
- for any political purposes;
- for vehicles; or
- for any endowment funds.
- Funds will not be awarded for programs &/or equipment, etc. that were started, completed or acquired PRIOR to grant period.
- BCF does not fund research, scholarship/fellowship, in-kind or product donation, loans, or vehicles.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Bainbridge Community Foundation: Community Grants Cycle by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.