Bark Beetle Mitigation Fund
Oregon Department of Forestry (ODF)
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Oregon
Location of residency: OregonView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The goal of the Bark Beetle Mitigation Fund is to assist family forestland owners in prevention and help restore areas affected by bark beetles.
More than 44 percent of land in Oregon is privately owned. Financial incentive programs are available to encourage and assist landowners so they can manage their forest resources and meet their objectives. Typical forestry projects include protecting the landowner's resources/investment from fire or insect and disease infestation, and increasing monetary and environmental values of their forested property for the future.
Oregon Department of Forestry's mission is to serve the people of Oregon by protecting, managing, and promoting stewardship of Oregon's forests to enhance environmental, economic, and community sustainability.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Qualifications & specifications:
- Projects may include the thinning of stands to reduce susceptibility to beetle attacks.
- Projects should be focused on prevention and increasing resiliency.
- 50% cost-share (cost reimbursement) will be provided to all landowners with qualified projects.
- Project specifications and technical assistance are provided by a local ODF stewardship forester.
- Funds are subject to local availability in areas of Eastern and Central Oregon.
- Areas adjacent to current bark beetle outbreaks or those deemed to be under imminent threat will receive the highest priority in selection.
- Costs of pruning as well as profitable salvage operations are not eligible
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Bark Beetle Mitigation Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.