Communication and Education Grant Program
Barnegat Bay Partnership
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $10,000
Next anticipated deadline: Dec 2, 2018 1:00pm PST (Pre proposal)
Later anticipated deadlines: Jan 13, 2019 1:00pm PST (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit For-Profit Business
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in New Jersey: Monmouth County, Ocean County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The BBP Communication and Education (C&E) Grant Program aims to support projects that advance the goals of the BBP Communication and Outreach Plan and the BBP Strategic Plan which it supports. The BBP is looking to fund innovative projects which increase public understanding of the bay's ecology and human impacts, promote stewardship of the bay's valuable resources, and encourage public participation in protecting and restoring the bay.
Purposes of the Communication and Education Grant Program
Public participation, education, and outreach are central to the BBP’s mission to protect and restore the Barnegat Bay. The purposes of the Communication and Education (C&E) Grant Program are to:
- increase public understanding of the bay’s ecology and human impacts;
- promote stewardship of the bay’s ecosystem; and
- grow public participation in its protection and restoration.
2017 C&E Grant Program Priority Topics
The BBP welcomes proposals on any BBP Communication and Outreach Plan priority objective, which must be identified in the proposal.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Proposals are welcome from individuals, organizations, and government agencies, including the following:
- Nonprofit organizations (i.e., 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) Internal Revenue Service status)
- Government or public agencies within the Barnegat Bay watershed (i.e., environmental commissions, planning boards, public works, parks, etc.)
- Private businesses and professional organizations with activities affecting the Barnegat Bay-Little Egg Harbor estuary; and
- Educators in the Barnegat Bay watershed with projects which can serve as models for others
- Only one proposal may be submitted per organization.
- If your organization is listed as a partner in one proposal, it is still eligible to apply as the lead grant recipient in another proposal.
- To be considered for funding, projects must be located within the Barnegat Bay watershed.
- The Barnegat Bay watershed includes all 33 municipalities in Ocean County and four in Monmouth County (Howell Township, Freehold Township, Millstone Township, and Wall Township).
- Only portions of the four Monmouth County municipalities are located within the watershed boundaries.
- Within Ocean County, only portions of the Borough of Point Pleasant Beach, Plumsted Township, and Manchester Township drain to the bay.
- Proposals addressing one or more of the top priorities listed below will receive additional points in the evaluation process (see Proposal Evaluation Criteria). The CEC has identified the following activities as top priorities for the 2017 C&E Grant Program:
- Application of Jersey-Friendly Yards resources for reducing stormwater runoff and non-point source pollution;
- Management strategies for source reduction (not clean-ups) of land-based trash entering the bay and its tributaries;
- Protection of critical estuarine habitats, such as seagrass beds and wetlands; and/or
- Promotion of water conservation and re-use projects and education about the status of water supplies in the watershed.
- The BBP strongly encourages applicants to address the impacts of climate change and/or sea-level rise as they relate to the project.
- Proposals that do so will also receive additional points in the evaluation process (see Proposal Evaluation Criteria).
- The BBP welcomes proposals targeting any audience. However, project proposals that involve outreach to one or more of the priority audiences listed below will receive additional points in the evaluation process.
- The CEC has identified the following audiences as top priorities for the 2017 C&E Grant Program.
- Municipal officials and/or municipal staff
- Senior communities and/or homeowner associations
- Tourists; and/or
- Barnegat Bay watershed neighborhoods or communities with environmental justice concerns.
- Grant funds cannot be used for any of the following:
- Fundraising, lobbying, or political advocacy;
- Purchase of software or non-expendable equipment (any individual piece of equipment that costs more than $250 and will not be consumed by the project);
- Purchase of food, entertainment, or promotional materials (such as t-shirts, hats, etc.);
- General operations, overhead, or interest payments; and
- Attendance at conferences and meetings.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Communication and Education Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.