Barry Community Foundation (BCF) Grants: Healthy Communities
Barry Community Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $50,000
Deadline: Oct 15, 2018
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Barry County, Michigan
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Barry Community Foundation is a partnership of endowed funds established by individuals and organizations. A Board of Trustees, comprised of local community leaders, invest the pooled endowments. Income is made available for grants that address charitable needs right here in YOUR community. Staff and trained volunteers monitor the grants to ensure fulfillment of the grant contract. The full circle of philanthropy is carried out to help and involve the people of Barry County to make a difference in their lives.
Barry Community Foundation (BCF) Grants
The purpose of the Barry Community Foundation (BCF) Grant is to supply funding for programs and projects that positively impact the residents of Barry County.
Emphasis on one of the seven elements of a healthy community: Health and Wellness, Neighborhoods and Community, Arts and Culture, Basic Needs, Education, Economy, Environment
- Promotes health and wellness:
- A healthy community assures access to high quality health services on a personal, community and systems level and promotes a healthy lifestyle.
- Fosters strong and connected neighborhoods and communities:
- A healthy community assures equal opportunity for all individuals to participate in and influence decisions that affect each of their lives and embraces diversity and promotes a “sense of community.”
- Provides broad access to arts and culture:
- A healthy community encourages a wide variety of recreational, historical and cultural opportunities.
- Meets the basic needs of residents:
- A healthy community creates a compassionate social, economic, and political environment where people have full opportunities to meet basic needs for themselves and their families, to build assets, and to advance themselves.
- Creates quality education and learning opportunities for all ages:
- A healthy community opens themselves to new ideas and provides high quality education and lifelong learning for all members of the community.
- Ensures a vibrant and diversified economy:
- A healthy community fosters an economy that is diverse, vital and innovative, that grows strong businesses and business districts, and creates adequate jobs and income for residents.
- Protects and stewards the natural environment:
- A healthy community helps preserve and sustain the environment.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We work with nonprofit, educational, and government partners
- In general, all grants will be for items/services that provide a direct benefit to the people of Barry County.
- Usually, grants are given on a one-time basis.
- Grants are not made to benefit any particular private organization, including churches.
- BCF will NOT make grants for funding normal operating expenses or regularly upgrading equipment.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Barry Community Foundation (BCF) Grants: Healthy Communities by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.