Ball Brothers Foundation General Grants
Ball Brothers FoundationSuggest an update
Next deadline: Feb 15, 2021 1:00pm PST (Pre proposal)
Later deadlines: Apr 1, 2021 1:00pm PDT (Full proposal), Jul 15, 2021 1:00pm PDT (Pre proposal), Sep 1, 2021 1:00pm PDT (Full proposal)
Grant amount: Up to US $300,000
Fields of work: Education - Elementary School Workforce Preparation & Job Readiness Community Development & Revitalization Parks & Public Spaces Environmental Education Outdoor Recreation Disaster Preparedness Education - Preschool / Early Learning Child Care Services Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Education / Outreach, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Indiana
Location of residency: Preferred: Counties in Indiana: Blackford County, Delaware County, Grant County, Henry County, Jay County, Madison County, Randolph County Other eligible locations: IndianaView website Save
About this funder:
Our Areas of Focus
- Arts, Culture & Humanities
- Human Services
- Public & Society Benefit
Within those focus areas, we have a particular interest in the following:
Quality of Place
We encourage requests that strategically align with Muncie Action Plan, that support development and implementation of park/recreation areas near downtown, and that support the development and implementation of a pedestrian plan. Priority will be given to requests that place emphasis on neighborhoods adjacent to downtown or that support the Muncie Action Plan neighborhood revitalization initiative, the Muncie Downtown Plan, and community assets such as the Cardinal Greenway, Canan Commons, and Tuhey Park.
Early Childhood Education
Ball Brothers Foundation supports programs and initiatives dedicated to the education of children and their families. We place emphasis on requests that support the Muncie Action Plan’s early childhood education initiative and the Muncie–Delaware County Chamber’s early childhood goal, professional development for accredited or licensed childcare workers, centers which pursue Paths to QUALITY accreditation, and projects that focus on capacity-building.
As a foundation, we support community preparedness in times of immediate need due to unforeseen natural and manmade occurrences; the activation of the local Red Cross chapters in disaster situations; and critical needs of selected public agencies responsible for the physical welfare of its citizens. We entertain requests for needed resources to assist with community preparedness, as well as professional development for personnel involved with agencies dedicated to community preparedness and safety.
We believe outdoor education and recreation are critical to the well-being of both children and adults. The foundation encourages requests that involve outdoor programs, activities, and opportunities for all ages. Priority will be given to organizations that are able to provide outdoor opportunities in the Muncie/Delaware County area using existing venues, facilities, and outdoor areas. Consideration for funding will be given for capacity-building, program development and implementation, and personnel.
Within foundation rules and regulations, we aim to support various economic development organizations and programs designed to attract and retain jobs in the area. Specifically, we encourage requests that support the Muncie Action Plan, marketing efforts for the region, organizations that collaborate on projects supporting workforce development, professional development, and post-secondary training.
Typically range from $5,000 to $100,000
Usually cover specific program/project requests or operating support (or a combination of the two)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- What We Fund
- Ball Brothers Foundation provides funding to organizations operating in Indiana. Historically, the vast majority of our funding has been targeted to organizations in East Central Indiana with a particular emphasis in the Muncie/Delaware County area. While organizations outside the Muncie/East Central Indiana area are welcome to apply for support, please be aware that funding for organizations outside this footprint is rare.
- The foundation prefers to provide funding for:
- Capacity-building initiatives that strengthen an organization’s ability to achieve greater performance and impact, such as through strategic planning, board development, collaboration, communications, professional development, and operational improvements
- Innovative approaches for addressing traditional or emerging community needs that result in long-term, systematic, sustained solutions that consider the use of community impact models and result in measurable outcomes
- Specific program/project initiatives or endeavors
- General operating support
- Seed money to help launch new programs, projects or initiatives
- The Foundation will not support:
- Direct assistance to individuals or scholarships;
- Applications coming from outside of Indiana;
- Booster organizations;
- On-going salary requests of staff personnel to support an organization;
- Services that the community-at-large should normally underwrite (i.e. roads, bus transportation, etc.);
- Capital building projects;
- Research projects (except for philanthropic studies).