BBSRC International Travel Award Scheme
Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research CouncilSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £3,000
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty
Funding uses: Conference
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
To help scientists add an international dimension to their BBSRC-funded research by making and establishing new contacts with international counterparts.
Funding is available in collaborative areas such as:
- First contact type activities that require short term travel support. The award could allow researchers to travel outside the UK to initiate collaboration or prepare proposals with partners for international programmes (e.g. EU Framework, Human Frontier Science Program)
- Visiting specific facilities not available in the UK, undertaking a particular piece of work, or gaining access to new techniques or materials which would be of benefit to the BBSRC project or the UK research team. Stays of up to one month in another country can be supported
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- BBSRC-supported researchers are eligible – research grantholders and staff employed at institutes of BBSRC
- Applications must be made by a Principal Investigator (PI) who is currently in receipt of BBSRC research funding.
- The application must be made by the PI, but it does not have to be the PI undertaking the travel (students are not eligible for travel)
- The associated BBSRC grant must have started before the application submission and should have at least 6 months remaining from the start of the award
- PI on an active BBSRC responsive mode grant
- PI on an active BBSRC initiative grant
- Project leader on a BBSRC Institute Strategic Programme Grant (ISPG) at a National Institute of Bioscience i.e. Rothamsted Research; John Innes Centre; Institute of Food Research; The Earlham Institute; The Pirbright Institute; Babraham Institute; Roslin Institute; Institute of Biological Environmental and Rural Sciences
- Recipient of a fellowship award from BBSRC or RCUK
- Co-I on a current BBSRC Strategic Lola or BBSRC Initiative grant with funding of over £1M
- Not eligible:
- BBSRC studentship award holders, including:
- Doctoral Training Partnerships
- CASE Studentships
- Industrial CASE Partnerships
- BBSRC funding within an academic department
- BBSRC grants which are not research specific, including:
- FLIP Awards
- Follow on funding
- Funding is limited to travel and subsistence costs only for UK scientists and cannot be used to fund:
- Salary costs
- Items of equipment
- Other research costs
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the BBSRC International Travel Award Scheme by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.