BBVA Foundation Community Giving
BBVA FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Sep 30, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico, Texas Show all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The BBVA Foundation
Supporting nonprofits in our communities
The BBVA Foundation’s grantmaking efforts and programmatic initiatives work to bring the age of opportunity to our communities.
Through an annual giving process, charitable grants are awarded to mission-driven organizations serving communities where BBVA operates. Special programs implemented by the Foundation are designed to respond to the needs of low and moderate income people and neighborhoods.
The BBVA Foundation will provide consideration to requests that best reflect the focus area targets detailed below.
- Create and preserve affordable housing
- Alternative financial services and products to LMI communities through Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs)
- Revitalize they physical infrastructure of LMI neighborhoods
- Facilitate the creation and preservation of jobs, especially those that employ LMI people
- Financial education and financial capability aimed at adults and small business owners, especially in LMI communities
- Support entrepreneurship and provide economic development for minority and underserved groups and/or LMI areas
- Address pressing needs in Pre-K – 12 education through public school-sponsored or facilitated curriculum-based programs
- Advance Pre-K – 12 student performance through professional development, support and retention of teachers
- Facilitate merit-based access to higher education for underrepresented groups
- Support research and special programs at higher education institutions
Diversity and Inclusion
- Provide capacity building to organizations serving minority segments, especially targeted at low-income populations
- Provide for leadership development of underrepresented groups through organizations serving minority segments, especially targeted at low-income populations
- Promote tolerance and understanding among mainstream and minority populations
Arts and Culture
- Facilitate access to and participation in cultural experiences for LMI and minority populations
- Promote the integration of the arts into comprehensive community development efforts
- Ensure the availability of a broad array of artistic opportunities/venues that reflect the diversity of the community
Environmental and Natural Resources
- Enable and sustain access to green technology and sustainable sources of energy to LMI communities
- Provide support for projects with significant impact on the protection of the environment and sustainable practices
- Promote public education about the environment and sustainability
Health and Human Services
- Enable and sustain independence for individuals and families
- Ensure access to health education programs
- Ensure access to quality health care
Small Grants Program - Open Process
The BBVA Foundation accepts unsolicited small grant applications from nonprofit organizations interested in applying for up to $5,000 in grant funding.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Strong consideration is given to organizations with the following characteristics:
- Target individuals or communities with low-to-moderate income (LMI) levels;
- Help build inclusive and diverse communities; and
- Foster collaborative efforts with other stakeholders that leverage our community investments
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the BBVA Foundation Community Giving by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.