Brown County Community Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Mar 16, 2019 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Brown County, Indiana
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Brown County Community Foundation has the best interests of the community at heart. We are concerned with many different areas affecting the well being of people who live and work here. By supporting charitable organizations in broad areas of community need – education, social services, health care, arts and humanities, and environment – we help build a stronger, healthier Brown County.
Grants shall be made for specific requests under broad areas of interest. The current BCCF grant focus areas are defined as childhood education, environment, health and wellness and arts and culture.
Grant making shall encourage projects or programs that are developed in collaboration with various organizations and groups, reduce duplication of services, and maximize resources.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants shall be made only for charitable purposes that benefit residents of Brown County to entities that
- hold nonprofit status from the Internal Revenue Service or
- have fiscal sponsorship arrangement with a 501(c)(3) IRS-recognized organization or
- a non-charitable exempt organization involved with charitable work or serving a charitable purpose.
- Grants made to non-charities for a charitable purpose may require additional expenditure responsibility requirements. (See Due Diligence Responsibility Policy.)
- Grants shall be made only to organizations that utilize adequate fiscal procedures and follow and abide by all Federal IRS and Indiana Department of Revenue rules and regulations.
- Preference is generally given to requests that demonstrate the most urgent and immediate need for funding or satisfy an identifiable community need.
- Preference will be given to grant requests that support BCCF Board of Trustees’ current identified community initiative focus area(s).
- In grant making, priority shall generally be given to projects/programs that address measurable outcomes/results rather than ongoing operating support.
- Grants are not generally available for those agencies and institutions that are funded primarily through tax support.
- The BCCF cannot legally award grants to individuals.
- Grants shall not be made for the following:
- Sectarian religious purposes
- Endowments not held by BCCF
- Direct or grass-roots lobbying
- Ongoing operating expenses of established entities/organizations
- Operational deficits or support for past projects.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the BCCF Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.