BCM Transom Grants
Baptist Community MinistriesSuggest an update
Next anticipated deadline: Aug 7, 2020 3:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Oct 4, 2020 3:00pm PDT (Full proposal), Jan 30, 2021 3:00pm PST (Letter of inquiry), Mar 24, 2021 3:00pm PDT (Full proposal)
Grant amount: Approximately US $50,000
Fields of work: Crime Prevention & Justice Academic Success & Enrichment College Success / Persistence Life Skills Training & Rehabilitation Vocational & Trade Education Baptist Faith Religious / Theological Education Health & Medicine Education Government Accountability & Transparency Show all
Applicant type: Government Entity, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Training / Capacity Building, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Louisiana: Jefferson Parish, Orleans Parish, Plaquemines Parish, St. Bernard Parish, St. Tammany Parish
Location of residency: Counties in Louisiana: Jefferson Parish, Orleans Parish, Plaquemines Parish, St. Bernard Parish, St. Tammany ParishView website Save
About this funder:
Baptist Community Ministries is committed to the development of a healthy community offering a wholesome quality of life to its residents and to improving the physical, mental and spiritual health of the individuals we serve.
In response to the love of God revealed in Jesus Christ and in keeping with our Baptist heritage, Baptist Community Ministries (BCM) invests its human capital and financial resources in the five-parish greater New Orleans region. BCM uses the ways and means set forth below towards achieving its Vision:
Philanthropy – identify ideas and partner organizations that address critical community needs in the areas of Health, Education, Public Safety and Governmental Oversight; support these ideas and partner organizations with financial grants and expert consultation
Chaplaincy Services – identify partner organizations that will benefit by offering pastoral care services to their staff and the individuals they serve; deploy professionally trained chaplains to provide pastoral care in these organizations
Congregational Wellness – identify partner congregations that will benefit by offering wellness ministries to their faith communities; train volunteer registered nurses and lay health advocates to establish and maintain these wellness ministries
Baptist Community Ministries awards Transom Grants twice a year to programs in three zones of interest: health, education and public safety. Our goals are as follows:
- Health: A healthy community provides its citizens an environment that creates a state of positive physical, mental, spiritual, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
- Education: A healthy community provides learning opportunities for all of its residents to develop the cognitive, vocational, social, and emotional skills necessary to be successful in college, work, and life.
- Public Safety: A healthy community provides for a balanced approach to crime prevention and management, including effective interventions and behavioral controls working in cooperation with efficient, effective and coordinated justice system agencies.
- All requests must be at least $50,000 per year to be considered.
- There is no maximum award amount.
- Grants can be awarded for 1, 2 or 3 years in duration.
- Grants can be used for Planning, Existing Programming or Start Up.
- Grants must be submitted in one of the BCM Zones of Interest (Health, Education, and Public Safety.)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The organization must reside in Orleans, Jefferson, St. Tammany, St. Bernard or Plaquemines Parish.
- The organization must be classified as one of the following:
- Tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations (excluding 509(a) private foundations);
- Governmental entities (Section 170(c)(1)); and
- State colleges and universities (Section 511(a)(2)(B)).
- Capital projects for an organization, such as construction or purchases of major equipment, or General operating support, often referred to as an unrestricted grant, are ineligible for funding.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”