Bean Foundation Grant
Norwin S. & Elizabeth N. Bean FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $75,000
Next deadline: Dec 1, 2019 2:00pm PST
Later deadlines: Apr 1, 2020 2:00pm PDT, Sep 1, 2020 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Hillsborough County, New Hampshire
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Our Mission - Grant Program Policy
- arts and humanities,
- human services, and
- public/society benefit
Generally, at least two-thirds of available funds are awarded as grants for programs undertaken by nonprofit organizations and public agencies. The remaining one-third is allocated for capital needs, including acquisition of equipment and renovation or construction of facilities.
Short-term operating support may be provided to new organizations or for new program initiatives of established organizations. Generally, grants are provided for expenditure over a period of one year.
The Bean Foundation accepts requests for capital support. Contributions to capital campaigns will not exceed 3-4% of the total campaign goal. Exceptions have been made for organizations that serve low-income populations and have limited capacity for additional fundraising.
Priority consideration is given to projects which:
- extend services to individuals and groups that are not well provided for through current programs;
- develop service capacity that can be sustained in the future because it will attract other funding and/or generate revenue;
- promote cooperation and resource sharing among community organizations;
- improve the financial stability and managerial capacity of established organizations;
- help service agencies in Manchester and Amherst prepare for the future and help them effectively meet emerging community needs;
- are models with value for replication, or provide new approaches that have been successful elsewhere.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applications are accepted from nonprofit 501(c)3 organizations and municipal and public agencies serving the communities of Manchester and Amherst, New Hampshire.
- Priority consideration is given to organizations operating primarily in those two communities.
- However, the Foundation will consider applications from statewide or regional organizations which provide a substantial and documented level of service to Manchester and Amherst.
- Approximately 90% is spent on Manchester projects and 10% in Amherst.
- Bean Foundation guidelines state that after an organization has received a grant, it should wait two years before submitting another grant request.
- Project applications are sought from organizations which have defined a significant problem or opportunity in their field, have a well-planned approach to addressing the issue, and have skilled professional and voluntary leadership.
- Operating support grants are not made to ongoing programs, nor are grants made to eliminate previously incurred deficits.
- The Foundation does not make grants to individuals or provide scholarship aid.
- The Foundation does does not fund field trips.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Bean Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.