Beckley Area Foundation Community Grant Program
Beckley Area FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $7,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 30, 2020 8:45pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University Government Entity Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Raleigh County, West Virginia
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Beckley Area Foundation, Inc. makes annual discretionary grants to Raleigh County charitable organizations in the areas of:
- Health and human services;
- The Arts;
- Public recreation;
- Civic beautification.
BAF places priority on the following types of projects:
- Innovative special projects not part of the ongoing maintenance or operation of the organization.
- Seed money for pilot projects or for new organization designed to respond to unmet or emerging community needs.
- Projects that either serves a significant number of residents or reach a group of under-served residents of Raleigh County.
- Capital and equipment needs.
- Matching grants to provide leverage for additional funding.
- Projects that empower organizations to obtain on-going financial support from other sources.
- Sudden or urgent needs where prior planning for such needs could not reasonably have been made.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for a grant from the Beckley Area Foundation, applicants must be either a non-profit organization tax-exempt under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code or a public institution.
- Programs funded through BAF’s annual community grant process must be located in Raleigh County.
- While the proposed program itself must serve Raleigh County, the applicant organization is not required to be headquartered in Raleigh County.
- Favorable consideration is given to requests that show additional sources of project funding (cite sources of full or partial match).
- Generally grants are not made for the following purposes:
- multi-year commitments,
- annual campaigns,
- sectarian religious programs,
- political purposes or lobbying,
- ongoing operating expenses, and
- expenses outside the grant period (April 1-March 31st).
- BAF does not accept requests on behalf of individuals or groups that do not have official recognition as a non-profit charitable entity or public institution.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Beckley Area Foundation Community Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.