Beckman-Argyros Vision Grant Program
Arnold and Mabel Beckman Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $500,000
Anticipated deadline: Sep 28, 2018
Applicant type: Faculty Working Professional
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Beckman - Argyros Award in Vision Research rewards one individual annually who has made and is continuing to make significant transformative breakthroughs in vision research; particularly through the development of an innovative technology or fundamental scientific breakthrough that has been applied to, aided and/or improved the vision sciences.
One Award will be made annually.
All applicants for the Award must be nominated. The Nominator must submit a statement on the importance of the work performed by the Nominee. The Nominee must submit a summary of the impact of their work as well as a research proposal for work that would be enabled by the Award.
The Award consists of a research award of $400,000 to the Nominee’s laboratory, and a personal award of $100,000 paid directly to the Nominee
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Nominee must be:
- A recognized leader in their field of scientific expertise who made a significant transformative breakthrough in vision research;
- Actively engaged in vision research or research which may be applied to vision sciences;
- A tenured M.D., Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. with an appointment in a basic science department, or a similar appointment;
- Conducting research at a U.S. university or research institution with a 501(c)(3), or other similarly qualifying, IRS designation;
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States at time of application.
- The Nominator must:
- Hold an established post, such as, an Officer, dean or other authorized person with signing authority, at a University, Research Institution and be competent and qualified to identify the significant transformative research of the nominee; or
- Be an officer of a private/public corporation who has the authority to submit nomination applications on behalf of their company, and is competent, qualified and able to identify the significant transformative research of the nominee.
- Nominees can be, but need not be, from the home institution of the Nominator.
- Incomplete applications and/or materials received after the deadline will be eliminated from the competition.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Beckman-Argyros Vision Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.