Beckman Scholars Program: Institutional Applicants
Arnold and Mabel Beckman Foundation
Grant amount: Approximately US $18,200
Applicant type: College / University
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Beckman Scholars Program is a limited-submission, invitation-only program. Each year, the Arnold and Mabel Beckman Foundation carefully reviews extensive information about institutions across the country and then identifies colleges and universities to receive Beckman Scholars Program application invitations. Invited institutions demonstrate a significant commitment to undergraduate research in chemistry, the biological sciences and/or interdisciplinary combinations thereof. They also show the capability to compete successfully on a national level for scientific research funds in peer-reviewed government and private foundation supported programs over previous years. Their faculties and their research facilities are judged to be of the quality necessary to support the caliber of undergraduate research program sought for Beckman Scholars. Members of the Arnold and Mabel Beckman Foundation’s Scientific Advisory Council participate in the selection of institutions that are invited.
Factors considered in these selections include:
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Research Support
- NIH Academic Research Enhancement Awards (NIHE)
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Research Awards
- NSF Research Experiences for Undergraduates Awards (REU)
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Undergraduate Grants (HH)
- Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation Grants "to advance the science of chemistry and the related sciences" (Dreyfus)
- Research Corporation Cottrell College Science Awards (ResC)
- American Chemical Society Petroleum Research Fund Awards (PRF)
- Active chemistry and biological sciences participation at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) Annual Meetings
INSTITUTIONS: If you would like to supply information for consideration, we will use it to evaluate the institution's inclusion in our 2020 application invitation. Materials should be submitted via email.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Beckman Scholars Program is not awarded directly to individuals. It is an institutional award program. If you are an undergraduate student in the area of chemistry, biochemistry, biology, or other science program, contact your institution for more information.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Beckman Scholars Program: Institutional Applicants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.