Minnesota Legacy Grant Program
Beim FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $30,000
Next anticipated deadline: Jan 11, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Mar 15, 2020 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Minnesota: Anoka County, Carver County, Dakota County, Hennepin County, Ramsey County, Scott County, Washington County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in Minnesota: Anoka County, Carver County, Dakota County, Hennepin County, Ramsey County, Scott County, Washington County Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Beim Foundation, a multi-generational family foundation, honors the past while embracing the future. Founded over 70 years ago by Nels Christian Beim, an immigrant from Norway, the Foundation has both a Minnesota-focused granting component and a program that serves other regions of interest to the Directors. The Foundation’s philanthropic priorities favor small, community-based, and developing organizations. Grants are made in the areas of arts, environment, human services and education.
Minnesota Legacy Program
Through the Minnesota Legacy Program, The Beim Foundation awards grants to nonprofit organizations located in the seven-county Twin Cities metro area. Under this granting priority, the Foundation will support a limited number of programs or projects that serve disadvantaged populations.
In 2019, The Beim Foundation will accept Letters of Intent (LOIs) from new or ongoing arts programs or projects that serve disadvantaged, K-12 youth. Grants will likely range between $10,000 and $30,000.
Grants will be made to arts programs/projects that:
- Demonstrate service to disadvantaged, K-12 youth, and
- Focus on Art Creation
In all of its grantmaking, the Foundation supports projects that are strengths-based, focus on prevention, and apply common sense solutions to community needs. The Foundation favors innovative approaches that are participant designed, leverage community resources, and have a ripple effect in the community.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only programs or projects located in the seven-county Twin Cities metro area are eligible to apply.
- Who can apply:
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations that are located within the seven-county Twin Cities metro area.
- Priority will be given to programs/projects that demonstrate clear examples of innovative approaches that are:
- Participant designed,
- Leverage community resources, and
- Have a ripple effect in the community.
- The Beim Foundation does not support the following –
- Private foundations
- Political organizations or campaigns
- Religious organizations, including schools, except for secular human activities
- Organizations that have as a substantial part of their purpose, the influencing of legislation
- Memberships, subscriptions, tickets for benefits, conferences, fundraising events, annual campaigns
- NOTE: unsolicited applications under the Environment granting priority and the Regional Grant Program will not be considered.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Minnesota Legacy Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.