Belt Association: Student Research Grants
Best Association, Inc.
Grant amount: US $200 - US $1,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 1, 2019
Applicant type: Graduate Student Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Canada, Idaho, Montana, Washington, Wyoming
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
A principal objective of the Belt Association is to provide funds for geologic research related to the Mesoproterozoic Belt Supergroup by senior undergraduate and graduate students at accredited colleges and universities. Grants are intended to aid research rather than to sustain the entire cost of the project; in the past grants ranged between $200-$1,000. Grant requests are evaluated on a competitive basis.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Geologic research related to the Mesoproterozoic Belt Supergroup
- Senior undergraduate and graduate students at accredited colleges and universities.
- Students should prepare the grant application under their own name, rather than a supervising faculty member or employer.
- The applicant should present a proposal that is thorough, thoughtful, creative, and concise.
- Research projects are expected to be one or two years duration, but projects of two years length have no guarantee of funds for a second year.
- Traditional uses for grant funds have been field expenses, travel costs associated with research, materials and supplies, and other expenses directly related to completion of the research contract.
- Grants do not include funds for overhead at educational institutions.
- Grant funds cannot be used to maintain families of grantees or their assistants, reimburse research already completed, to attend professional meetings, or to defray expenses to produce a thesis or dissertation (typing, copying, photography, etc.)
- Funds should not be used to purchase equipment or supplies normally provided by the university or college.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Belt Association: Student Research Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.