Vermont Capacity Building Grant Program
Ben & Jerry's Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $30,000
Anticipated deadline: May 31, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Vermont
Location of residency: VermontView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Ben & Jerry's Foundation is a Social Justice Organization. We believe that:
- People most affected by a problem are in the best position to determine the solutions to that problem.
- True change occurs only when underlying, systemic forces are understood and addressed.
- Grassroots, constituent-led organizing is among the most effective means to create social change. We define organizing as collective action that challenges the status quo, demands changes in policy and practice, educates communities about root causes of social problems, and advocates and agitates for systemic and just solutions.
- Lasting change occurs when Social Justice Movements are built from the ground up and grassroots groups come together across sectors and constituencies to work for the common principles of Human Rights and Justice for All.
Each year, the Ben & Jerry’s Foundation offers one multi-year organizational capacity grant to a Vermont-based, statewide non-profit organization that has both a vision and a strategic plan to extend it’s influence and achieve defined goals. The grant is for a maximum of $30,000 per year, for up to three years, to significantly enhance the capacity of the organization.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
Organizations with operating budgets under $1 Million are preferred.
- Grant monies may not be used for general operating support or program support.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Vermont Capacity Building Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.