Benjamin N. Phillips Memorial Fund Grant
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Jun 1, 2019 5:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Clallam County, Washington
Location of residency: Clallam County, WashingtonView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Before applying, please contact the Foundation to ensure that your organization is a strong fit for our funding strategies.
Seattle Foundation helps nonprofits carry out their important work by awarding grants, forging community partnerships and educating community philanthropists and partners about the organizations that are most aligned with their charitable interests.
Benjamin N Phillips Memorial Fund
This Fund awards grants annually to a broad range of charitable organizations serving Clallam County and is a legacy gift of Benjamin Phillips.
Phillips was born in Akron, Colo., in 1888. After graduating from the University of Washington, he moved to Port Angeles in 1913 at the age of 25. The following year he opened the Port Angeles Trust & Savings Co., which became First National Bank, and was later absorbed by Bank of America. In addition to being a successful banker, he became an established community leader in Clallam County. A long-time member of the Library Board, Phillips enjoyed classical music, particularly through Seattle Opera and the Port Angeles Symphony. The Benjamin N. Phillips Memorial Fund was established to benefit Clallam County residents following the death of Phillips’ second wife.
What We Fund
Grants are awarded annually to a broad range of charitable organizations serving Clallam County, Washington. Grants are predominately made for one year, with no implied renewal funding. However, a two-year grant will be considered if a case is made for why funding is required for a longer period. An example of this exception is a planning or capacity-building process occurring over a two-year period of time.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Benjamin N. Phillips Memorial Fund is interested in supporting organizations that have:
- A mission statement that clearly defines the organization’s purpose and reflects its understanding of the communities they serve
- A clear articulation of why it believed what it is doing is important and that it will be effective and produce desired results
- Clearly defined priorities, goals and measurable outcomes
- Experienced and highly qualified staff and volunteer leadership
- A skilled governing board whose knowledge includes management, fundraising and the community served
- A funding plan appropriate to agency size and developmental state-guiding development efforts
- Sound financial management practices
- Support in the community and constituent involvement
- Proven ability to mobilize financial and in-kind support, including volunteers
- Current grantees are ineligible to apply for new project funding following two years of Phillips support.
- Previously funded organizations may re-apply following one year without Phillips funding.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Benjamin N. Phillips Memorial Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.