Bennett Family FoundationSuggest an update
Next deadline: Oct 1, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Apr 1, 2021 (Letter of inquiry)
Grant amount: US $2,500 - US $25,000
Fields of work: Health & Medicine Nutrition & Healthy Eating Community Development & Revitalization Human & Social Services
Applicant type: Nonprofit, College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Pennsylvania: Chester County, Philadelphia County
Location of residency: Counties in Pennsylvania: Chester County, Philadelphia CountyView website Save
About this funder:
The Bennett Family Foundation focuses its grantmaking primarily on smaller, local organizations that address specific needs of underserved populations in the communities where the family members of the Foundation live and work: Boston and Philadelphia.
Grants in the Greater Philadelphia area go to organizations covering a broad range of needs in the local community and beyond, from primary healthcare to community nutrition programs.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Bennett Family Foundation is interested in:
- Organizations with staff expertise in their field and a track record of proven results
- Smaller, local organizations
- Organizations that can demonstrate momentum towards sustainability of programs
- Projects may be funded for more than one year but not to exceed three years.
- In most cases, preference will be given to small local projects over national programs.
- Funding generally will not be provided to:
- Individuals or non-501(c)(3) organizations
- Educational institutions for their general operating funds or endowments
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Cities, counties or other governmental organizations
- Organizations engaged primarily in public policy or political advocacy
- National organizations or their local affiliates, except programs developed at the local level
- Application to budget deficits, debt reduction, fundraising or recognition events
- Absolutely no funding will be given to organizations which discriminate, either in hiring or in populations served, based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual preference, or physical or mental ability.
- The Bennett Family Foundation makes its grants directly to organizations rather than through United Way or community foundations.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”