Benton Telecommunications Foundation Grant
Benton Telecommunications FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $25,000
Next deadline: Mar 29, 2019 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: May 10, 2019 (Full proposal), Aug 2, 2019 (Letter of inquiry), Sep 13, 2019 (Full proposal), Nov 30, 2019 (Letter of inquiry), Jan 11, 2020 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Minnesota: Benton County, Kanabec County, Mille Lacs County, Morrison County, Stearns County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
NOTE: The first step in your request for funding is to submit a two-three page letter of inquiry. Please send inquiry letters at least six weeks prior to the full proposal deadline to allow time for consideration and notification. Requests will be reviewed within 14-21 days and you will receive either a denial or an invitation to submit a full proposal. Project proposals under $2,000 will be reviewed monthly and may be submitted at any time.
Benton Telecommunications Foundation Grant
The mission of the Benton Telecommunications Foundation is to foster human development-spiritual, intellectual, physical and psychological- and to enhance the work of people and organizations devoted to exemplary service in the community.
The guiding philosophy of the Benton Telecommunications Foundation is to invest in values, ethics, and character formation; to support the efforts of those who are successfully making a difference in people lives, and to help build the communities in which we live. The Foundation believes in sharing the blessings which have been bestowed on its contributors and in celebrating the spiritual reciprocity between donors and receivers working collaboratively to make the world a better place.
Areas of Interest
The foundation emphasizes grant making in the following areas:
Programs and initiatives which promote an integrated approach to healing and wellness including the mind, body, heart, and spirit.
Basic Human Needs and Services
Programs and initiatives which provide funds and assistance to suffering individuals and families who may need the following due to poverty, illness, sudden loss of property, or the result of a natural or civic disaster.
Educational and Personal Development
Programs and initiatives for youth and adults leading to personal growth, societal impact and a deeper understanding of the world and its' diverse cultures.
- Emphasis on youth leadership and mentoring.
Programs designed to develop and improve communities, with an emphasis on the municipalities located in Benton County, Minnesota.
Types & Amount of Grants
- Benton Telecommunications Foundation awards grants up to $25,000.
- For requests under $2,000 the Small Grant Application is required.
- For requests over $2,000 a 50% match and the Full Grant Application is required.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants are the following:
- A 501 (C) (3) organization.
- A federal, state or local governmental agency or board.
- Other organizations described in Internal Revenue Code Section 170 (b) (1) (A) .
- The service of areas of BCTC which includes the cities of:
- Also eligible will be the impact areas of Benton, Stearns, Morrison, Mille Lacs and Kanabec Counties. The granting in these areas must impact the direct service area in some fashion.
- Factors Considered
- The Foundation considers the following factors in review of applications:
- The potential benefit of the proposed activities of the particular population to be served and to the community as a whole.
- The capacity of the organization or individual to achieve the desired results.
- The adequacy of the projected budget and time period for achieving the desired results.
- The likelihood of future support for ongoing operating costs from other sources.
- The level of financial need of people whose circumstances may be the result of a natural, civil or personal disaster.
- Others factors which are deemed relevant by the Foundation and are reasonable related to the charitable purposes of the Foundation.
- Priority will be given to those projects who are directly within the Benton Cooperative Telephone Company service delivery area.
- Proposals within the counties served and having an impact on the people in the direct service area will also be considered.
- Benton Telecommunications Foundation does not fund the following:
- Replacement of government or other funding
- Local fund drives
- Individuals or businesses
- Expenses incurred prior to receipt of the grant award
- Lobbying or campaigning for a candidate
- Issue or referendum vote
- Development or purchase of school curriculum
- Support for school athletic programs
- All production projects
- Multiple applications from a single organization simultaneously
- General operating expenses
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Benton Telecommunications Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.