Berkshire Bank Foundation Grant
Berkshire Bank Foundation, Inc.Suggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next deadline: Jul 1, 2019
Later deadlines: Oct 1, 2019, Apr 1, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Connecticut: Hartford County, Tolland County, Counties in Massachusetts: Berkshire County, Essex County, Franklin County, Hampden County, Hampshire County, Middlesex County, Norfolk County, Suffolk County, Worcester County, Counties in New Jersey: Mercer County, Middlesex County, Counties in New York: Albany County, Columbia County, Fulton County, Herkimer County, Montgomery County, Oneida County, Onondaga County, Rensselaer County, Saratoga County, Schenectady County, Warren County, Washington County, Counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Montgomery County, Counties in Vermont: Bennington County, Rutland County, Windsor County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in Connecticut: Hartford County, Tolland County, Counties in Massachusetts: Berkshire County, Essex County, Franklin County, Hampden County, Hampshire County, Middlesex County, Norfolk County, Suffolk County, Worcester County, Counties in New Jersey: Mercer County, Middlesex County, Counties in New York: Albany County, Columbia County, Fulton County, Herkimer County, Montgomery County, Oneida County, Onondaga County, Rensselaer County, Saratoga County, Schenectady County, Warren County, Washington County, Counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Montgomery County, Counties in Vermont: Bennington County, Rutland County, Windsor County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Investing In What Can Be
At Berkshire Bank, we’re committed to investing in the success and vibrancy of our local communities. By providing financial support, it’s our goal to transform possibilities into a brighter reality for the people and places we serve. The following guidelines are intended to inform prospective applicants about the Foundation's mission, focus areas, priorities and application procedure. We invite your interest in our work, and welcome your participation and partnership.
The mission of the Bank’s charitable Foundation is to strengthen and improve the quality of life in communities served by Berkshire Bank and/or its affiliates. The Foundation prioritizes requests that fall within one of its focus areas outlined below, with a specific emphasis on programs that serve a majority of low-moderate income individuals and families or underrepresented groups.
- Programs that provide access to resources to become college, career and job ready to contribute to the economic vitality of our communities.
- Programs that work to ensure children are reading at grade-level by grade three
- Programs that provide financial education to ensure individuals have the tools they need to overcome hardships and pursue their dreams
- Programs that work to ensure neighborhoods are safe, free of blight, and thriving places to work and live
- Programs that provide access to quality affordable housing options that meet the evolving needs of our communities
- Programs that promote and support small business growth and entrepreneurship
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
- Programs that build bridges of understanding and cooperation across cultures within communities
- Programs that ensure fair treatment, equality of opportunity, and parity in access to information and resources for all
- Programs that support the economic, psychological and cultural adjustment of those who are new to our nation as they work to become active community participants
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be considered for grant funding organizations must:
- Be recognized by the IRS as a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Organizations that are not 501©3 are not eligible.
- Apply for a program or project that meets one of the Foundation’s focus areas.
- Submit a completed Foundation Grant Application through our online system and provide such other documentation as may be requested. Berkshire Bank Foundation will not respond to written inquiries seeking financial support.
- Be located in or primarily serve one of the listed communities (and/or its affiliates):
- Within these focus areas, the Foundation gives priority to the following types of requests:
- Programs and projects that benefit more than 51% low-moderate income individuals
- Programs and projects that offer Berkshire Bank employees opportunities to be involved through volunteer efforts and board service
- Programs and projects with a demonstrated, tangible record of success
- The Foundation has the following limitations to their funding:
- The Foundation will not consider more than one application per 12 month period from any single non-profit organization.
- Organizations that have received a charitable grant OR bank sponsorship are not eligible for another contribution for 12 months from the date on the award notice.
- Ineligible Organizations & Requests:
- Berkshire Bank Foundation does not support the following types of organizations and requests, even if the applicant meets all other eligibility criteria outlined above:
- Fraternal, labor and political organizations, including fraternal orders of police and firefighters
- Lobbying Groups
- Athletic teams or social groups
- Private Foundations
- Intermediary organizations that raise and distribute funds in their own name
- Annual memberships and annual appeals
- Fundraising events (e.g. golf tournaments, galas)
- Underwriting support for conferences or seminars
- Scholarship Programs/Funds
- General operating support
- National Health Organizations
- Capital Campaigns
- K-12 Public or Private Schools
- Public or Private Colleges & Universities
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Berkshire Bank Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.