Bernard L. Majewski Research Fellowship
University of Wyoming
Grant amount: US $2,500
Anticipated deadline: Mar 15, 2019
Applicant type: Faculty Postdoctoral Researcher Research Scientist
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Must travel to: Albany County, WyomingView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Bernard L. Majewski Research Fellowship is funded by an endowment provided through the generosity of Mrs. Thelma Majewski and is intended to provide research support for a recognized scholar in the history of economic geology and to facilitate the Fellow's use of archival collections in the American Heritage Center, University of Wyoming. The Fellow shall be appointed for a period of one calendar year. During this time the Fellow will carry the title of the Bernard L. Majewski Research Fellow and represent the University of Wyoming as such. Administration of the Fellowship will be the responsibility of the Director, American Heritage Center.
The Fellowship is intended to support research in the history of economic geology. For the purposes of the Fellowship, economic geology is defined as the activities of exploration and development of petroleum, base, precious and industrial minerals, including basic geological research.
The American Heritage Center maintains many archival collections, which can be used by the Fellow as source material in conducting historical research. Research projects which integrate archival data with data gathered from other sources (such as historical archaeology and the earth sciences) are also encouraged.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Fellow will be a recognized scholar in one of the fields of research outlined.
- The Fellow should have a record of publication in the field or show significant potential for publication.
- Selection of the Fellow will be made by the Selection Committee, as previously described, and will be on the basis of scholarly merit with no consideration of race, sex, ethnic background, or financial need.
- The Committee shall, however, consider the applicant's ability to complete the research project and bring it to publication in a timely fashion.
- Acceptable related fields include:
- history, oral history, and historical archaeology pertaining to economic geology,
- environment and natural resources history, and
- business or economic history related to economic geology
- Young scholars, minorities, and multi-disciplinary researchers are encouraged to apply.
- Research projects which integrate archival data with data gathered from other sources (such as historical archaeology and the earth sciences) are also encouraged.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Bernard L. Majewski Research Fellowship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.