Bernard Michel Scholarship
Cameco CorporationSuggest an update
Grant amount: C $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Jun 1, 2020
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Canada
Exclusive to minorities: Yes
University restriction: University of SaskatchewanView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Cameco is one of the world's largest uranium producers providing about 18% of the world's production from mines in Canada, the US and Kazakhstan. We hold about 410 million pounds of proven and probable reserves, extensive resources and have focused our exploration programs on three continents where our land holdings total about 1.6 million hectares. We are also a leading provider of nuclear fuel processing services, supplying much of the world's reactor fleet with the fuel to generate one of the cleanest sources of electricity available today.
The Bernard Michel Scholarship Program was created to recognize students of Aboriginal descent who are pursuing an undergraduate degree in science or engineering with an interest in the mining industry.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Open to 2nd, 3rd and 4th year students of Aboriginal descent, with preference given to Residents of Saskatchewan's North (RSN).
- Students must be:
- enrolled in the College of Engineering pursuing a B.Sc. in Engineering, OR
- pursuing one of the following degrees in the College of Arts and Science:
- B.Sc. Geology,
- B.Sc. Geography,
- B.Sc. Biology,
- B.Sc. Computer Science,
- B.Sc. Toxicology,
- B.Sc. Chemistry,
- B.Sc. Physics/ Engineering Physics, or
- B.Sc. Environmental Earth Science/ Environment and Society.
- Recipients who receive a scholarship in their 2nd or 3rd year will be eligible to have their award renewed for an additional year, provided they meet the renewal criteria.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Bernard Michel Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.