BCF For Good Grant
Berrien Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Next deadline: Sep 16, 2019
Later deadlines: Feb 25, 2020
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Berrien County, Michigan
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Berrien Community Foundation's "For Good" Grants
The “For Good” Grants will be open for two cycles per year and will be available in two sizes:
- the "For Good" Major, for up to $10,000 and
- the "For Good" Minor, for up to $1,000.
The "For Good" Minor has a shorter, simpler form geared toward organizations with a smaller request and the "For Good" Major is a more standard length grant application. Organizations can receive one grant per calendar year.
Grants are reviewed in the following areas each year:
- Arts & Humanities: Programming that opens opportunities for more residents to participate in and experience the arts in our community. Supports historical preservation programs and projects.
- Nurturing Our Children: Programs that help provide nurturing to the young children of our community.
Community Improvement and Special Needs
- Community Development: Addresses emerging community needs and issues that will help aid in the long-term overall planning and development of Berrien County.
- Quality Education: Programs to enhance and encourage continuing quality education.
- Environmental and Animal Protection: Programs to protect and enhance understanding of our environment and for the humane treatment of animals.
- Healthful Living: Programs to enhance the health of Berrien County residents and educating people to make healthy choices.
- Senior Empowerment: Programs to improve the quality of life for Berrien County senior citizens.
Youth Leadership and Development
- Youth Leadership and Development: Programs that enhance the quality of life for Berrien County youth while helping them to make positive life choices and encourage positive peer pressure.
Youth Leadership and Development grants are reviewed by our Youth Advisor Committee TEAM (Teens Exhibiting Able Minds). These grant applications require a presentation to the committee. TEAM is most interested in programs that promote positive decision making skills and encourage positive peer pressure. Specifically, programs that address:
- Drug abuse and alcohol prevention and awareness
- Teen sex and pregnancy prevention
- Positive entertainment and recreation for youth such as
- Summer programs, Extra curricular programs, After-school programs
- Mental and physical health issues in youth such as
- Depression and suicide, Bullying, Obesity
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible to apply for a Berrien Community Foundation For Good Grant organizations must:
- be a 501(c)3, school, government organization or religious organization doing community projects
- Be serving communities in Berrien County, Michigan
- The Berrien Community Foundation is most interested in funding Berrien County programs that:
- Take an imaginative and innovative approach;
- Focus on prevention;
- Solve critical local problems or address critical local needs;
- Can be sustained without continued funding from the community foundation;
- Encourage collaboration and cooperation among charities and do not duplicate existing services;
- Unite and build our communities behind a common goal;
- Attract volunteer resources and support; and
- Provide leverage for generating other funds or resources.
- The Berrien Community Foundation typically DOES NOT fund:
- Annual fundraising campaigns;
- Routine operating expenses;
- Religious or sectarian purposes;
- Political purposes;
- Existing obligations or debts/liabilities;
- Grants to individuals;
- Endowment funds;
- Efforts which will require a commitment for long-term financial support; and
- Travel for groups such as school classes, clubs or sports teams.
- Low priority is given to capital campaigns
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the BCF For Good Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.