BES: Training & Travel Grants
British Ecological Society (BES)
Grant amount: Up to £1,000
Applicant type: Working Professional PhD Student
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 3 years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: The second round of funding has now CLOSED. The next round of funding will open in January 2019.
- There is no application deadline; instead, there are two opening dates within a 12 month period (January and July).
- Once funding for one round has been allocated, the round will close until the next opening date.
- Our grants are awarded on a first come first serve basis; submitting an application does not guarantee funding.
- If the meeting you wish to attend is between January and the end of June, you must apply to the first round. If the meeting is after June, you can only apply to the second round.
These grants help PhD students and postgraduate research assistants to meet the costs of specialist field training courses and to network and publicise their research by presenting their work at workshops and conferences.
Unless the applicant is self-funded, it is expected that their organisation will provide at least £150 of support towards the costs of the event.
- a maximum of £300 is available for events and courses being held in the applicants’ country of residence
- a maximum of £500 is available for events being held outside the applicants’ country of residence
- grants of up to £1,000 are available to attend our Annual Meeting or symposia if the applicant is a citizen of a country that is classified as ‘low-income economy’ or ‘lower-middle-income economy’ according to the World Bank
- the grant will be paid after the event has taken place, on receipt of a brief report, certificate of attendance and any appropriate receipts
- all costs must be clearly justified within the budget section. Costs that are not justified will not be considered. Please ensure all costs are clearly calculated in GBP (British Sterling)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All applicants are required to:
- be a BES member,
- have at least a B.Sc. or equivalent degree,
- be a PhD student, postgraduate research assistant (within 3 years of completing relevant degree) or equivalent (Postdoc researchers are therefore not eligible to apply),
- work or study at a university or research institution (including field centres, NGOs, museums, etc.) that provide research facilities,
- work in scientific areas within our remit (the science of ecology) and of relevance to the training course or meeting they are applying to attend
- give a presentation if attending a meeting.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the BES: Training & Travel Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.