Bess Spiva Timmons Foundation Grants
Bess Spiva Timmons Foundation
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $5,000
Deadline: Jul 1, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Behavioral, Biomedical, Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Preferred: United States Other eligible locations: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Bess Spiva Timmons Foundation, a family foundation, was established by Mrs. Timmons in 1967, to enable her children and grandchildren to carry on an already existing program of assistance in the areas of education, health, medical research, the arts, and programs with emphasis to benefit minority groups, social services, and ecology. Consideration is also given to experimental ventures in these designated areas.
Grants generally range from one to five thousand dollars.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only not-for-profit organizations with current IRS 501(c)(3) designation are eligible for grants (check IRS status here).
- Organizations who function under the “umbrella” of another 501(c)(3) organization are eligible for granting with adequate documentation of relationship. All finances and charters must go through the parent organization to be qualified for funding.
- Smaller tax-exempt organizations, which have limited financial assistance, are favored for grants.
- We have funded many types of non-profit organizations and generally prefer smaller, grass-roots groups with local appeal and the support of volunteers.
- The Foundation cannot consider requests from individuals or associations based in foreign countries, and does not normally support operating expenses, endowments, major building projects, or major acquisitions.
- The Foundation does not make permanent commitments of support.
- For-profit ventures and individuals are not eligible.
- We generally do not fund salaries or building projects.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Bess Spiva Timmons Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.