Better Health for Iowans Foundation Grant
Better Health for Iowans Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: May 31, 2019
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Iowa
Location of residency: IowaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Mission + Vision
The Better Health For Iowans Foundations shall have as its purpose the following:
- To make gifts and contributions, throughout the State of Iowa, to charitable organizations, for health related purposes. The term "health related purposes" means those activities and programs directed to promoting, protecting and preserving the physical and emotional well being of Iowans.
- Examples, not intended to be exclusive of health related purpose may include:
- school lunch programs,
- safety programs,
- child care programs,
- utility subsidies and planting of trees in conjunction with therapy programs.
- To promote charitable and health related purposes as defined herein, including for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations in Iowa and for Iowans that qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 or the corresponding provisions of any future United States Internal Revenue Code.
- To receive, acquire, maintain and administer funds and other property, real, personal or mixed and to apply that net income therefrom and the principal thereof when permitted and advisable in the furtherance of the purposes of the Better Health for Iowans Foundation, Inc. as set forth herein above.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Iowa 501(c)(3) organizations and governmental agencies may apply for grants for healthcare related purposes.
- New Not-for-Profit Organizations need to provide us proof of your IRS approved designation.
- Previous applicants need to only certify that the grant request is for a "Heath Care Related Purpose" and that the funds will not be used in a manner inconsistent with the charitable or public benefit purpose of the request.
- In general the BHIF is looking for applications for one time expenses, material purchases or educational programs and will give preference to organizations with small budgets or serving underserved and low income populations.
- Partial grants may be approved if funds run low, so line item funding requests showing a break out of material and other costs are preferred.
- Funding is limited, so organizations requesting funds for general budgetary relief or staff salaries are least likely to be funded.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Better Health for Iowans Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.